litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Roof Question

christurbo

Guys!

Right as everyone can guess my liz S1 leaks a bit [hence the elemental]

BUT it doesnt leak on the drivers side.

When i bought it i looked in the boot and found a rubber attatchement for the side bar for the drivers side. The rubber attachment fits on the end of it, and connects to the top of the windscreen [where the foam bit usually is]

It makes the fit much tighter than the other side - therefore sealing it from the weather.

I havent got one for the passengers side, just the usual foam bit stuck on the end of the side bar.

My question is - where can you buy these rubber moulds from??? the guy who had it before me must have bought it from somehwhere - why he bought 1 not 2 ill never know!!!

[i'll get pics of it when i get the roof off - not at the mo as its pissing down!]

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nope :rolleyes:

I will have to get a pic at some point!

Its like a big rubber mould that you fit over the end of the side bar [over the shaft that goes into the windscreen mount]

if you find out where they're from could you let me know please mate?

i'm fed up with driving round in my mobile paddling pool when it rains....

You mean the front of the "cant" (I think that's what they're called) rails where that silver ball type thing goes into the top of teh windscreen. Both mine have bits of rubber there on the rails in order to get a snug fit.

They might be in the parts manuals if they can come seperately, I'll have a look tonight.

Archived