litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

My Old Cobra Keyfob Case

Daniel

The little piece of rubber broke on my keyfob (The round cobra one with 2 buttons) So I got a new case for it. So although that bit of rubber is bust that connects it to the keyring, I have the old case (no insides) if it'd be any use to anyone if yours is cracked, or the rubber buttons are worn through.

Thought I might as well ask before it goes in the bin.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the pin that holds the rubber into the case isn't broken, then you can get a little chain and hook it onto the pin in the case and use a chain instead of the rubber. Not great, but works.

Mine broke a while back, and I drilled a hole in it as well, then threaded a loop of bowstring through onto my keyring...looks cheap skate gippo like, but when I'm driving down a country lane, I don't look at the keyfob at all!

Found some bloke that will do them for about £3.50 incl postage. I mailed Cobra themselves but have yet to receive a reply. Not sure if £3.50 is a great price or not, but if anyone wants then maybe I could get a few?

Found some bloke that will do them for about £3.50 incl postage.  I mailed Cobra themselves but have yet to receive a reply.  Not sure if £3.50 is a great price or not, but if anyone wants then maybe I could get a few?

I snapped the rubber on mine a couple of weeks ago so would be interested in getting a replacement.

If you don't get any though, could you let me know where to get one from as currently I just keep the keyfob bit loose in my pocket and it's only going to be a matter of time before I loose it!

Thanks

Archived