litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Bat Eye!

christurbo

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi - Nice car, looks much better, bit like TVR lights !

Did you find that the covers were finished OK ? Mine just arrived the other day, and the edges are rough and you can see where they were cut out

Also, they are steaming up - this could be the way I fitted them (they came with really tricky black glue stuff all rolled up)

p.p.s. did you remove the callipers to paint them ?

Hi - Nice car, looks much better, bit like TVR lights !

Did you find that the covers were finished OK ?  Mine just arrived the other day, and the edges are rough and you can see where they were cut out

Also, they are steaming up -  this could be the way I fitted them (they came with really tricky black glue stuff all rolled up)

p.p.s. did you remove the callipers to paint them ?

Yep mine roll out at the edges [esp the outer edges] that adhesive is rubbish.

I didnt remove the calipers to paint them [i think you have to if you want to spray paint them] I just used some Hammerite Smooth finish. :)

Are there any different places to get these covers and are some better than others? I know a Std S1 Clam is slightly diff to a 111S which is made to have the covers. I do like them though, but just am weary of them looking tacky.

I got mine from Elisparts, I don't know if there is anywhere else. They sell standard shape, or the 111 clam size.

Mine are the standard - the finish is not great to be perfectly honest - a few people have commented already - too late to send them back now (i tried to ignore it myself when I was glueing them on as I too really think they finish the car off well)..

I'll take a pic tonight - really close up - and forward it to you.

I originally got mine from LotusEcosse(who are not in business anymore) and fitted them with carefully cut heavy duty velcro from b&q, which held them in place surprisingly well(ie never came off). Also made removal and cleaning a doddle.

they are steaming up - this could be the way I fitted them (they came with really tricky black glue stuff all rolled up

the sticky stuff can be removed but may pull off the paint (rare) a good way mentioned from sol is by using velcro , this means you dont have to mess around pulling it all off again if you happen to clean it

the drivers side doesn't fit well at all, the left side is about 5mm raised off the clam - the goo won't hold it... I've spoken to the bloke at eliseparts, and he's been champion about it. I've got to send him it back - .

I've got a load of heavy duty velcro - gonner give that a try instead !

It holds my front numberplate on, so should be OK for the covers if I can cut it thin enough not to be seen.

I've made a total mess though trying to re-fit them -- black glue everywhere... My girlfriends hairdryer will come in handy this weekend !!! :drive:

I originally got mine from LotusEcosse(who are not in business anymore) and fitted them with carefully cut heavy duty velcro from b&q, which held them in place surprisingly well(ie never came off). Also made removal and cleaning a doddle.

Lotus Ecosse still have a website and stuff, are they def out of business? I wonder if his and Eliseparts are both the same.

Archived