litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

S1 Exhaust Manifold Gasket.

gerags

Right.

I've got an Eliseparts exhaust manifold gasket as I need to replace the old one.

Has anyone replaced this before ?

How involved is it ?

I've searched SELOC and all they say is "it's an easy" and "the gasket was too thin and I needed to fit washers" but nothing on the technicalities of swapping it.

(And there's nothing in the service manual)

Any advice you may have would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Steve.

(Edited for cak spelling)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right.

I've got an Eliseparts exhaust manifold gasket as I need to replace the old one.

How involved is it ?

I've searched SELOC and all they say is "it's an easy" and "the gasket was too thin and I needed to fit washers" but nothing on the technicalities of swapping it.

Cheers.

Steve.

i did the one on my s1 you need some good sockets and some penetrateing fluid! fiddly and your nuckles will bleed but other than that its ok! you dont need to take the under tray off either unless you drop the rachet .....

Right.

How involved is it ?

Cheers.

Steve.

i did the one on my s1 you need some good sockets and some penetrateing fluid! fiddly and your nuckles will bleed but other than that its ok! you dont need to take the under tray off either unless you drop the rachet .....

I may tie a piece of string or elastic to the end of the ratchet - just in case :)

Knowing my luck, though, it'll definitely be needed :D

Archived