litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Horizon

simondann111s

I know we've all mentioned how good they are, but they surpassed themselves again today.

A few weeks back they serviced my car and fitted a few extras as well (brakes, steering rack, and gear change). I popped in today on my way back from an Oulton track day, just to pick up some of the old parts that they had been hanging on to for me.

Most were there, ready and waiting. My old brake disks had gone a bit rusty, so Mikes' getting them skimmed and will post them on. Likewise with the original steering rack.

I happened to mention how the car handles on track, since they did the geo. I said that it could do with a bit more 'bite' when pressing hard in corners.

Like an F1 pit crew they were, sprung into action, checked and tweaked all corners and sent me on my way.

Speechless. Didn't even charge me. Again, I just couldn’t believe how helpful and willing they are.

Sorry to preach to the converted, but credit where credits due, top customer service.

:D

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As always i'll echo that... i must've had my geo tweeked more times than Mike has had baths (ask Ian if you want to know the temperature he has them at though...)

In fact i am guessing it is having a Mike special geo applied as i type... to a rather nice new set of springy things :sniper:

As always i'll echo that... i must've had my geo tweeked more times than Mike has had baths (ask Ian if you want to know the temperature he has them at though...)

In fact i am guessing it is having a Mike special geo applied as i type... to a rather nice new set of springy things :D

Do you mean those nice yellow adjustable things that Mike was showing me? VERY sexy, but not as good as Nitrons :D

Hi, first post :blink:

Does anybody know who that Elise at Horizon motorsport that is getting the ohlins treatment belongs to? Mike said he might be a member on here. I'd be really interested in getting some feedback on how they perform, they looked fantastic.

Thanks in advance :D

LOL, i *think* i know him....

Well mate I'm extremely envious.

I hope you'll post your verdict soon!

Mike seems fairly keen to offload a few units of those ohlins. He's offered a group buy for vx220 owners and I'm trying to get a few names together from the vx forums. Anything similar going on here?

And just so I'm not completely hijacking the thread:

Yes Horizon are brilliant, every time I have been there I have left impressed with the service.

I will discuss with Mike about group buying prices... but we are up in Nitron territory, so don't be expecting £500 prices.

Jaye - you'd do well to have borrowed them.... :blink:

Full report up in due course.

Archived