litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Servicing - Non Lotus?

christurbo

Does anyone on here get thier Liz serviced at a non Lotus garage. i.e. local garage????

I am a bit handy myself, so can do some work. But my local garage buddie says he can service it for me when needed. [he's serviced and done work on all my cars]

What i need to know is - do you need to take it to a lotus approved dealer?

They are bloody expensive.

I have full LSH and have had a look through the reciepts. The cat C Service cost the previous guy £1700. £800 of that in labour

So what do you do?

Cheers guys.

Chris.

BTW - where is the cheapest lotus garage around staffs/bham [i live near cannock/stafford]

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most of the regulars on here use Horizon motorsport. Mike and Wendy are top notch and a fair bit cheaper than Lotus dealers. You will also get good reports on Nick Whales if the Lotus stamp is important to you. I think i speak for most of us when i say one from Horizon is a good, HTH :) Ive just re-read your post, £ 1700 for a C service Jesus wept. :P

Most of the regulars on here use Horizon motorsport. Mike and Wendy are top notch and a fair bit cheaper than Lotus dealers. You will also get good reports on Nick Whales if the Lotus stamp is important to you. I think i speak for most of us when i say one from Horizon is a good, HTH  :) Ive just re-read your post, £ 1700 for a C service Jesus wept.  :P

Where are Horizon? website, tel no?

How much for example would an A/B service cost there?

Yep £1800 at - www.christopherneil.co.uk

Deffo take it to Horizon, most people state that it's been serviced there if and when they come to sell the car as they're that good and respected.

First thing i'd do with your new liz is go down and see them have a chat with Mike and get a geo done. About £75+vat.

From memory the service prices are as follows:

A - £90

B - £200

C - £450

But if i'm wrong someone here will correct me.

How you getting on with the shower cap?

They're based in Cradley Heath

http://www.horizonmotorsport.co.uk/

Cheers LF! :P

Those prices are very competitive!

Yep i think i need something done as the koni's seem low - and the front tyres seem to be slightly waring down on the inside :)

Although its not long serviced

Archived