litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Low Water Level In The Water Resevoir?

nordberg

Hi there. Had my car now for approx 3 months and i only noticed the other day that the water level was below the Min level. I topped it up a few days ago and after a 200mile run it was showing again to be below the Min level. Yet again I topped it up and the level dropped after another relativly short run. Does anybody else have this problem and should I be worried, or is it due to the fact the water bottle may not be at the correct hight??

Appeciate in advance for any feedback.

Andy

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It depends if the low level is consistent. When it drops down, does it remain constant from then on?

Some people report running under minimum as std. My car runs on the min level, sometimes expanding to the max level when hot.

The water levels seem to vary from car to car,as has been said already if it sits below the min line and holds a regular level then I wouldn't worry too much.

Its funny,but I think every Elise owner has worried about this at some point,usually a couple of months after becoming an owner.I think its the fact that you start reading bbs like this one and see so many posts regarding HGF that it automatically starts alarm bells ringing.

hth

Regards

Jon

Archived