litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

4-2-1 Manifold

daz f

Fitted the new manifold at the weekend. I decided after much research to go for the large bore stepped one that EBD sell. It's not got a flexi section so has longer primaries and secondaries which results in more torque/power (so they say) ;) I also had to fit the adjustable engine steady bar this is to compensate for the flexi section, but also helps put the power down onto the road as power can be lost with the engine moving when accelerating.

The car now feels a lot more free revving and I can feel this just from pulling off. There is also more torque and more noise which is more noticable after 3000rpm. It now sounds like a sportscar should!

I'm really pleased with it and it'll only get better with more engine mods. Worth every penny if your going to improve your liz's performance.

I had it fitted at Ilkeston Service and Performance in the end. Two good lads who know what there on about, took them half a day to fit and 1/2 a day to make sure the job was done to the highest standard and that i was completely satisfied before leaving.

Thanks to Neil and Liam at ISP for fitting, and Graeme at EBD for supplying such a quality piece of kit. :clap::):D:D:D

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent - it's nice, isn't it!

You'll probably want the undertray modifying though ....

http://www.midlandslotus.co.uk/forum/index...rage_mod&id=962

:clap:

Eliseparts told me not to bother with the engine steady when I asked, and that was before I talked to them about buying their flexicat.

Interested in anyone's experience with / without engine steady on a tuned up motor.

Its a brilliant bit of kit and at a good price too, compared to what else is out there.

I've cut a football sock shape into my undertray like yours :lol:

The engine steady bar was a good investment as a lot of power can be lost with engine movement, and there was a fair bit on mine. Hardly any now even when revving hard. Also, fitted it for piece of mind, and that steve B recommended it too.

Archived