litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

First Lotus (s1 111s), Need Some Advice

Mr_Belowski

VVC service is always slightly more....

Price seems good and i have heard of the guy so that's good news too!

It can take a long time... labour to change the cambelt is a few hours, so it isn't too surprising, especially if he's a small garage...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it normal for the C-Service to take more than a day? He says the car will need to stay over night

yes for the cambelt change on the VVC - needs to be done with the engine completely cold.

Quote was £468 + £24 for the VVC belt and £24 for tensioner(s). Which seemed reasonable to me and he certainly seemed to know what he was talking about. Strange that the VVC belt & tensioners aren't part of the standard C service schedule

Cam belt used to be part of the C, it's now every 4 years.

Chris

Ahh... so I guess I should confirm that the cam belt is, indeed, part of the price, yes?

Still can't get over how fun this car is. Just been for a short blast to show it to a mate and I'm still grinning :P

Cambelt IS part of the C service... fear not.

Yes, according to the book, but that was before the cambelt change was modified, surely, otherwise your service schedule would now be A-A-B-A/C-A-Not C-A ??

Schedule is now

A

A

B

A + cambelt

A

C (but not cambelt)

A

A + cambelt

B

A

A