litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Air Con?

Trev Foster

I have a few cars, Lexus is200 (aircon brill) and an old celica (aircon brill)

The Lotus by comparison is shite???? Since I have had it (Oct 2004) I have not used the aircon much but have kept it ticking once every few weeks to ensure it's running ok. I know the weather is exceptional at the mo but is anyone elses motor the same.

I also have a very large puddle at the front. I know that the aircon does this but it seems excesive in comparison.

Your thoughts???

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The a/c in my original 111s S2 was a pile of poo and just blew out normal(ish) air. Westover Sports Cars in Dorset attempted to fix on 3 occasions but it never worked to a standard that was acceptable (to me or them!) :wacko: Then I sold the car

It won't surprise you to hear that my latest 111s S2 does not have a/c!

I have a few cars, Lexus is200 (aircon brill) and an old celica (aircon brill)

The Lotus by comparison is shite???? Since I have had it (Oct 2004) I have not used the aircon much but have kept it ticking once every few weeks to ensure it's running ok. I know the weather is exceptional at the mo but is anyone elses motor the same.

I also have a very large puddle at the front. I know that the aircon does this but it seems excesive in comparison.

Your thoughts???

Trev - Have the same issue. If I put the air con on with the recirculation button pressed too, it starts off very well...but soon looses it's chill.

Without the recirculation button pressed, it's pretty crap

It's an s2 Exige and only 12mnths old so a re-gas shouldn't be needed ( I would hope). Halfpenny has hit the nail on the head, my aircon is identical and lasts about 15 mins on re-circle button then dies off to a warmish breeze. I suppose its just one of those things that you have to learn to put up with. Must admit it's one of only a few down points to owning the Exige though!! :P

mine works just fine..... recirculation on or off the air from the thing is icy cold...... i agree the amount of water you find under the OSF of the car is a lot, but i just assumed it was cos the air con in my particular car is so good !!! i had to turn it off this week as i was getting too cold !!!!!

Must be something up with your systems fellas ?

JM

i have the strange combo of no roof and air con, but on the rare recent occasions the roofs been on the air con blows real cold, potential frost bite in my left big toe,

works better on re-circulation, but also fine without.

You may be out of gas or they might have over gassed it which I understand will also stop it from working correctly.... Strange but true...... :jawdrop:

I would get it checked out. I found that on the S2 Exige it worked very well in southern europe and it was hotter than its been in the uk..

Os if yours is the Toyota engined car you shouldn't have a problem...

Archived