litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Factory Visit.

Martin R

Liz and i have just returned from a week in Norfolk. We did the factory visit last Wednesday. It,s well worth the effort if you are ever down that way. There was 3 people from Australia and 2 from Canada and a couple of Americans and i thought it was a long way for us :blush: Apparently last week saw the end of VX 220 production at Hethel as the 3 year contract has run out. Lotus seem well pleased with the deal the recieved for producing them from Vauxhall. I bought a baseball cap from the Lotus shop :rolleyes::D

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darren, it,s well worth a visit. I enjoyed it. It was laid back compared to other car manufacteurers. That is probably due to the relativly low volume i should imagine. Get dad to take you :rolleyes:

Liz and i have just returned from a week in Norfolk. We did the factory visit last Wednesday. It,s well worth the effort if you are ever down that way. There was 3 people from Australia and 2 from Canada and a couple of Americans and i thought it was a long way for us  :)  Apparently last week saw the end of VX 220 production at Hethel as the 3 year contract has run out. Lotus seem well pleased with the deal the recieved for producing them from Vauxhall. I bought a baseball cap from the Lotus shop  :D  :D

That's it.

That's all you've got.

What about the Exige?

What about a supercharger?

What about the future Esprit?

Liz and i have just returned from a week in Norfolk. We did the factory visit last Wednesday. It,s well worth the effort if you are ever down that way. There was 3 people from Australia and 2 from Canada and a couple of Americans and i thought it was a long way for us  :(  Apparently last week saw the end of VX 220 production at Hethel as the 3 year contract has run out. Lotus seem well pleased with the deal the recieved for producing them from Vauxhall. I bought a baseball cap from the Lotus shop  :unsure:   :(

That's it.

That's all you've got.

What about the Exige?

Yeah, check his pockets security, must have had something away :D

Hope that baseball cap hasn't got VX on it Martin :D

Liz and i have just returned from a week in Norfolk. We did the factory visit last Wednesday. It,s well worth the effort if you are ever down that way. There was 3 people from Australia and 2 from Canada and a couple of Americans and i thought it was a long way for us  :D  Apparently last week saw the end of VX 220 production at Hethel as the 3 year contract has run out. Lotus seem well pleased with the deal the recieved for producing them from Vauxhall. I bought a baseball cap from the Lotus shop  :(  :(

Mum says how do you go about doing the factory visits re: times etc, we only normally go at weekends but could maybe extend a visit into a weekday, also how much does it cost? :unsure:

Liz and i have just returned from a week in Norfolk. We did the factory visit last Wednesday. It,s well worth the effort if you are ever down that way. There was 3 people from Australia and 2 from Canada and a couple of Americans and i thought it was a long way for us  :D  Apparently last week saw the end of VX 220 production at Hethel as the 3 year contract has run out. Lotus seem well pleased with the deal the recieved for producing them from Vauxhall. I bought a baseball cap from the Lotus shop  :(   :D

Mum says how do you go about doing the factory visits re: times etc, we only normally go at weekends but could maybe extend a visit into a weekday, also how much does it cost? :unsure:

We just looked it up on website, factory tours Weds only & cost £20 per head so save up your pocket money Darren!! :(

Martin, make him clean the Elise a few times for his cheek, but do take him if you get the chance :lol: Oh i forgot to mention Liz,s Lotus t shirt cost me 18 quid as well. On the bright side the 42 pound top did not have her size. Keep out of the shop :D

Liz and i have just returned from a week in Norfolk. We did the factory visit last Wednesday. It,s well worth the effort if you are ever down that way. There was 3 people from Australia and 2 from Canada and a couple of Americans and i thought it was a long way for us  :D  Apparently last week saw the end of VX 220 production at Hethel as the 3 year contract has run out. Lotus seem well pleased with the deal the recieved for producing them from Vauxhall. I bought a baseball cap from the Lotus shop  :lol:   :D

That's it.

That's all you've got.

What about the Exige?

Yeah, check his pockets security, must have had something away :(

Hope that baseball cap hasn't got VX on it Martin :D

It has classic Lotus on it Bob, chav supremo and no you cant buy it :P

Archived