litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Replacement Discs

bermudabob

fwiw

for road use there is marginal difference between all discs/pads. ive had mintex/brembo/ebc - ali belled/oem/ebc. braided/non braided. dot 5.1 dot something else.

its like 5 pints of heineken vs 5 pints of carling.

NOT stella !!

personally...if i was on a budget - hi spec discs with sbs on front/ any old shit on the rear with sbs.

or if not - ali belled with sbs all round

hth

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've noticed that Elise Shop has turbo grooved discs with dimples going for £60 inc VATeach, which seems quite reasonable.

I still can't find anyone selling SBS Protrack pads to find out how much they are...

Elise-shop:

One time offer on SBS brakepads

As concluded in a recent discussion at the Lotus-on-Track forum, SBS brake pads seem to be quite close to Pagid RS14 pads when it comes to performance but have a lower price.

By adding the SBS portfolio to our offering, we think we can offer the Elise owner a complete range of pads, from cheap and low cost road pads (green stuff) to high performance low cost (SBS) to one of the absolute best pads (Pagid)

Currently, we are receiving pads in relatively low quantities as we're just starting up and SBS seems to be facing their annual start of season ramp up.

To introduce these pads to the market and to give people the chance to test them at relatively low cost, we have a limited introduction offer.

Please do keep in mind that SBS offers to different front pads:

- the standard pad like the pagid pad without a backing shim which is primarily focussed at track use.

- the pad with a backing (anti-squeel) shim which can be used both for road and track use.

The main difference between the two is the fact that the std pad will squeel like the Pagids do where the pad with backing will be silent..

The limited introduction offer is for 7 complete sets and 5 front sets. (you may choose with or without backing shim) As soon as we've sold these sets, the normal prices will apply.

Complete set (no anti squeel shim) 160 Euro

Complete set (with anti squeel shim) 183 Euro

Front set (no anti squeel shim) 86 Euro

Front set (with anti squeel shim) 105 Euro

If you would like to order a complete set or a front set, please sent an E-mail to [email protected] with the description of what you would like to order (limited to one complete .or. front set per person) and your full address.

The e-mail will be confirmed asap.

I will post up here when the maximum number is reached.

*all prices are + VAT and shipping*

Normal prices:

Complete set (no anti squeel shim) 180 Euro

Complete set (with anti squeel shim) 200 Euro

Front set (no anti squeel shim) 98 Euro

Front set (with anti squeel shim) 120 Euro

Rear set 85 Euro

Horizon also can supply Bob.

Bermuda Bob -

I have ali belled Geary discs. I believe these are by a manufacturer called Hitech. because I use my car mainly on track, I have the Pagid RS14s. The Pagid RS42s are more road orientated and I have had them too. To be honest, my experience is that there is little or no difference in cold performance. It's more about fade during continued use on the track. The RS42s fade sooner than the RS14s.

Personally speaking - I think the RS42 is a phenomenal pad. And whatever anyone tells you, those, in conjucntion with braided hoses and decent discs that can stay cool and expel the gases (drilled and grooved therefore) gives a HUGE improvement in brake feel and confidence.

Are you near nottingham??? more than happy to show you mine and take you for a burn so you can see for yourself. i'm geting some new tyres off Bookatrack at Donny on June 21st - I'm not on track that night - but there are a few roads nearby where I can demonstrate the brakes!!!!

For me, having tried a variety of combinations, its Geary's driled and grooved discs and Pagids. RS42s if you spend most time on the road, RS14s if most time on track.

Are you near nottingham??? more than happy to show you mine and take you for a burn so you can see for yourself. i'm geting some new tyres off Bookatrack at Donny on June 21st - I'm not on track that night - but there are a few roads nearby where I can demonstrate the brakes!!!!

dont like people speeding around my village. might have to report you to the rozzers :drive:

I might take you up on that offer... though I've just had an interesting chat with my mate Graham (who is of a very strong mechanical persuasion).

He rang up a generic dealer (not Lotus specific) and asked how much for standard replacement pair of discs would cost for an Elise. He got quoted £30! Apparently these are the same as the standard fit ones.. Now, I know nothing about this so I am checking here - they are made by Mintex, and again I know nothing of them - so is this too good to be true? I could stick a pair of these on the rear wheels and a decent grooved/drilled pair on the front...

I thought Mintex made just pads and not disks, but stand to be corrected.

The quality of the disks on the rear doesn't need to be the same as the front, you can happily drive with standard rears and good fronts. If you're short on cash then spend the money on the front with good pads and disks.

This thread should be over - the best value and one of the best systems for an Elise was posted earlier. :(

As Mr G says, Geary's Ali belled discs are made by Hi Spec, so you are getting fantastic kit for a great saving... SBS pads - read a bit about them on SELOC, rave reviews and far cheaper than Pagid.

Archived