litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Horizon

simondann111s

I'm off to Horizon on Saturday :angry: Thought I'd give them try given the rave reviews on here.

Second 'A' service time, but also ride height & geo are a must. Other things that I think may crop up are:

1) Steering rack - feels bl00dy awful at the moment (though I'm hoping the geo will sort this).

2) Rear toe links - rather now then if they were to fail on track.

3) Gear linkage & short shift - to cure the god awful action it has now.

4) Brake disks & pads - if on the marginal side, (definite groove on the front disks at present).

Can anyone think of anything I may have missed? (apart from a Honda engine that is)

Cars going to be there for 2 weeks……..my choice, my garage is being re-roofed at the same time.

How easy is this place to find? Given it’s 113 miles away and the wife is following me up there, I don’t fancy a trip around Birmingham.

If anyone sees a Lazer S2 looking lost, closely followed by a black Focus please point us in the right direction.

Simon

Whats the MLOC discount at Horizon now?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Simon,

Easy to find for most of the way, last mile or so a bit tricky.

A mile or so from Horizon you make a right turn at a pub called the Chain Maker or something? There are about three other pubs before this right hand turn, but wait for the Chain Maker.

I also missed the last right hand turn into the small industrial park but quickly realised and retraced.

It was snowing at the time so I felt I had an excuse!

Mikes Geo will transform your car but do get track rod ends checked and your rack.

Cheers

Dunc

I'll be there for 11 Saturday morning.

Mike's agreed to give my new car the once over.

When I arranged it with Wendy her last words were "I'll have the kettle on"

Now that's what I call customer service :-)

You won't regret going to see them - got geo and s-rack done last weekend - brilliant.

Directions are on the www site but basically it is down/up the M5 to J3 (I think) follow the road and go over the first island, right at the second, through a couple of built up areas...

....when you get to a small new housing development on right near traffic lights you are nearly there. Look for a bus stop (smashed glass last week) and take the next right (signed for the railway station), follow signs for station, when you get to a junction not marked for the station - go right. You will pass the station on your right (might be good idea to look on mappoint for the station)

Turn right after station. Go to end, turn right under bridge. Second left into estate. They are at the end on the right.

Sorted.

PS - I have been twice now and got comopletely lost before even getting off the M5!!!! Signs around the M5/M6 merge are cr@p. After that is easy though....

Directions from the Horizon website.

From M5 Junction 3 - follow A456 to Kidderminster signs.

Drive 1.6 miles to roundabout - turn right (A459 to Dudley)

Drive 0.5 miles to roundabout - take 1st exit (left)

Drive 0.2 miles to roundabout - take 2nd exit (A458 to Stourbridge)

Drive 1.6 miles to 2nd set of traffic lights - turn right (by The Chainmaker pub)

Drive 0.4 miles - keep right at fork in road, round the long right hand bend and over the bridge over the river, turn right on to the industrial estate (byHallcraft Vehicle Services).

We are the next to the last unit on the right.

How did u get on then Simon????

Very well thanks. Found them without problems. Found them VERY helpful & friendly, and that’s before they even pick up a spanner.

Even the wife enjoyed the visit, and that’s saying something. (she doesn't know the price yet!)

Anyway, my cars there for the next two weeks whilst they do the service, geo and other points that I think may be required (steering rack, brakes). They are also fitting the up rated rear toe link kit and quickshift/gear change assembly.

In the mean time I’m left driving the Focus, and putting a new roof on my garage, new electrics and the new double glazed window that I’ve been meaning to do for the past 2 years……

Archived