litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Looking At S1 Exige Need Some Advise

dss123

Fancy this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...4551203351&rd=1

Clicky might not work so need to paste into browser

Seems like bargain, anybody got any thoughts?

Not had C yet but new rear tyres good service history etc etc.

Your collective thoughts would be much appreciated.

Beefcake - what's it like living with an S1 Exige, any particular differences to S1 Liz?

(apart from the obvious of course!)

Cheers

Dunc

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks a nice car, the main differences to the 111s apart from the obvious fixed roof are that they are a bit harder to drive about, not really liking pulling away from junctions or idling along. As with most things you get used to it, second gear for 30mph becomes standard.

The cabin is warmer inside, mainly because of the roof. The noise and handling are brilliant, you have to drive them different to the 111s, keeping the revs in a sweet spot allows you to fly along where as the 111s would like it anywhere in the rev range sometimes the Exige can bog down in low revs and then suddenly give you a kick.

Probably a bit more expensive to run as the engine is a bit more fragile and it does rear eat tyres quicker.

Gotta be worth a look at that price if you're in the maket for one. :)

Looks very tidy in the pics, I wouldn't let the mileage or the number of owners put you off, don't think many people use them as a daily drive and so as a result they change hands quite often (wouldn't sell mine though! :lol: ). At least it's got a good history and appears to have been well maintained.

Agree with Beefcake, pulling away can be a bit of a challenge sometimes but you soon get used to it and change your driving style accordingly. I've never been uncomfortably hot in mine, the air-con's not great so I tend to just wind the windows down and then there's plenty of air moving about to cool things down - can get a bit warm in summer in traffic though. I've never owned a soft-top so can't compare the exige to the elise - guess it'd probably be a good idea to get a test drive in one if you've never driven one.

Archived