litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Car Wont Start

tonner_notts

Tonner, I've edited your posts, I've replaced your typing of car "wunt" start to car wont start. If people need to search for posts if their cars cant start in the future they wont find this thread otherwise.

Just makes the forum much more useful for future use.

Cheers

LMFAO... :D Chav culture...tonner...leave your boy racer days behind :clap:

:P

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Tonner

:wacko: Dont understand :wacko: You say it wont start, but then you say it ticks over ok?

If it ticks over it has started :clap: If it then cuts out when you put your foot on the throttle then thats another problem :P

So what is wrong ?

Dave

also a cpl of times when driving say im in 2nd gear doing about 30mph, then i accelarate, the car sometimes like kangaroos, as though i had just dipped the clutch really quickly or something,

would this be caused by the same problem or anyone with any ideas

If it's ticking and not turning over then it's defo your battery. Either fooked or the connectors need cleaning, lubing and tightening!!

Soups is right. Have a look through the mass of recipts that came with the car. If you can find the battery one you'll probably get it sorted on warrenty.

well she went off on a low loader today to garage, they have called and said it is either the wireing to the ecu, or the fuel pump he thinks its the fuel pump though,

so no car till after bank holiday im gutted.

anyone had one of these before?

any idea on costs etc, hope its not to much as i was hoping to buy some new suspension

my car has been on the low loader, now in a garage and apparently its the fuel pump, anyone know what kinda price i might be lookin at, im gutted also cos there not open again till monday, so no car for bank holiday

Archived