litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

S1 Rear Clam

Black Swan

Ok here is a bit of a delema (?)

Had a slight rear end issue a few weeks ago and as the legal people from Adrian Flux require a 3 year guarantee on any bodywork repairs I have managed to get them to replace the rear clam on the Black Swan. Took a call from the body shop today with an update, car due back by end of the week - and Oh, by the way, do you want your old clam back?.

I had joked to the significant other that as it has the best looking rear end with the possible exception of Kyle I wonder if I could make the old clam into a coffee table as there is little damage and with my many skills I could make the damage disapear. It went down the lines of "and I supose you will make the lights work and record engine noises etc etc so I thought nothing more of it until today.

The other option would be to repair at my leasure and hang on to it for some point in the future.

Thoughts please ....

Peter

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought, if it were to become a coffee table would I keep it whole and in it's normal position or cut off the back 2 feet or so and have the tail end pointing up and covered in a sheet of plate glass?

Am I rambling?

Wasn't there some guy on SELOC or BBS that said he bought an Elise and turned it into a coffee table?

He was a bit of a snob, or so he though.... :D

ebay sounds like a good idea, I can bring it up to as new myself (ChipsAway Rules OK) and would have if it had been my fault I guess. £1150 new and unpainted so must be worth something to someone. Not sure what I would have to include for P&P, perhaps buyer collects.

Other half would be happier with that solution too.

Peter

I told the body shop where your car is to sell it for some christmas beer money! I wondered if it belonged to anyone on mloc. Got my answer now tho!

Russ

Archived