litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Insurance

Gaz_R

Hi -

I am trying to organise insurance for my new Elise and Churchill have come out best. Unfortunately their web site is requiring me to select which immobilizer I have from a drop down but the one that is fitted (Cobra 6422, Thatcham 1) is not listed.

Churchill say that if I don't have one of these fitted then I can't be insured (apparently immobs go out of date and are no longer Thatcham 1/2 approved)

Please help.....

The alternative would be to go with Adrian Flux who is competitive - is this company/broker reliable???????

HELP!!!!! :blink::unsure::lol::angry::angry:

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had good experiences with Esteem - they give you 10% discount if you are a member of the 'official' Lotus Owners club which costs £35 to join, so could instantly pay for itself and some. Don't forget to protect your NCB! God luck :tup:

Churchill won't have anything to help me- rubbish.

I have a quote through AF for a company called ENSIGN???????? Heard of them???Seem to be a lorry / bus insurer on the net!!

Waiting on Eggar Lawson (Esteem were £200 more and wanted me to do a track day :tup: )

Try Autotorque (see http://www.midlandslotus.co.uk/forum/index...opic=4409&st=15 for details) they have been chaper than anyone, for me, this year  :blink:

I'd also recommend Autotorque, John the company owner is an Ex-Exige owner, (he was at Mallory today supporting the Exige he sponsors in the Mid-Engined Sportscar Championship).

I am with Ensign through Adrian Flux and after having a lady drive into the back of me at lights in Leicester they have been great. There legal people Agel Assistance have been very good and I am driving an MG TF160 instead of a euroBox while the clam is replaced.

Peter

John the company owner is an Ex-Exige owner, (he was at Mallory today supporting the Exige he sponsors in the Mid-Engined Sportscar Championship).

B*gger, I wish I'd known - I was there myself, doh :D

My insurance is through Adrian Flux, although for some reason depsite them quoting & telling me it would be underwritten by Ensign (apparently they've got a special deal) it ended up being underwritten by RSA.

To be fair to AF, although this policy was more expensive they stood by initial quote, and didn't charge me any extra.

I was happy and would have stayed with Esteem, but the renewal was an absolute joke considering no claims or points etc. during the year, so £300 cheaper to move to AF/RSA despite both companies using RSA as underwriter.

John

Archived