litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Hello And Help?

hayden

Hello All,

Im new to the Elise world and wil have one very soon!!

Any though on the below for a first Elise??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...4545566112&rd=1

Been offered it at a good price and do not mind do some work my self as I have stripped and rebuilt engines before. Does any one know any history of this car??

Insurance with all the mods quoted at just over £700 fully comp. or £560 somin for a Std Elise. Not bad when im not 28 until next month!

Looking forward to any help and advise from all you Experts out there :P

Regards,

Hayden.

P.S would any one be interested in any of the mods on this car? Swapp for Std Items??

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Hayden

Unfortunately, big brother at work won't allow me to look at ebay so I'll have a squizz tonight at home

Might be worth a decent dealer like Nick Whale doing a pre-purchase inspection on it before you buy. I'm sure one of the guys here will help you out

Other than that - welcome to MLOC :P

Rich

Read your topic on SELOC - for your first Elise I don't think it's wise to buy the cheapest one or the one that looks to good to be true.

There's plenty of great, well loved cars around at around the 8k-10k mark.

Welcome to MLOC :)

It might be OK. Bit worrying that he wont put an MOT on it if he owns an MOT garage????

Get it checked out with an AA inspection. That should find any problems. Also make sure you HPI it.

As my dear old dad old dad says 'if it sounds to good to be true, it usually is.'

Why dont you buy mine instead. It will cost you more but i can garentee you i have never crashed it. if interested U2u me. Shameless advert there :unsure:

Archived