litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

My Conversations

Having a Conversation with JonS and MartinR - Jon posted his number twice and I did mine once, and tried to post his back. Jon can see numbers in all posts, but I just have a single space where the phone number should be.

I'm using IE8. No idea what Jon is using.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And now they're not again ?????

I also have Skype, but it's not running (even in the background) but when the numbers did appear, they were highlighted in the way that Skype does. My PC hasn't been on / off / standby since this was first noticed, so there's been no change in the PC itself.

Can you invite me to the conversation if its not too private or create a new conversation with me with the numbers you are using and I'll see if its something I can replicate. Sounds like something another application is doing if its appearing and disappearing as I've not changed anything on the site last night.

Might be Skype thats causing the issue. On my windoze machine I have IE9 and skype installed, and any phone numbers on websites are changed to skype-ness styleee. All other browsers on there and on the Linux machine (also with skype) are not affected with this problem.

Dobbo - can you view phone numbers on any other websites? Perhaps as the conversation is in a password protected area - Skype cant access it, and as such the numbers are taken off by the browser, expecting Skype to replace but are not replaced as Skype cant access the page.

None of that explain why sometime they're displayed and sometime not, though ??? Yes,all website with phone numbers get "skyped", it's just that this is inconsistent.

I don't use Skype for phone calls, so I'll disable that anyway and see if it sorts it.

Archived