litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Okay - Had Car 2 Weeks And Need A Bodyshop

strees

Colleague has inadvertantly reversed into rear wheelarch, cracking the clam.

Shit.

Probably doing privately unless it is a new clam (which I will press for - don't actually think it will be repairable).

Who in the midlands would you recommend???

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Colleague has inadvertantly reversed into rear wheelarch, cracking the clam.

Shit.

Probably doing privately unless it is a new clam (which I will press for - don't actually think it will be repairable).

Who in the midlands would you recommend???

EBAY IS UR BEST CHANGE TO GET CHEAP ONES... AND SELL you broken one on ebay people do buy them i got rid of a pair for £290 (front and back)

Harlequin Motors in Leicester. 01162767900

They do a very good job. Fixed mine when someone reversed into me.. New Clam very unlikely.. You would be surprised what they can fix.

Hope this helps

Dave

Try Clive Tallis in Hinckley if you're looking for a non-insurance repair or don't need a new clam. 01455 890500. Nutts Lane, Hinckley. LE10 3EJ. As Dave says, new clam unlikely just for a crack and the repair will be perfect.

CCCCC in Brum are the best - Lotus approved and well-liked by the insurers, but they'll take forever.

Last elise was done by CCCC - excellent repair. Not my fault, so tempted to give them a call first.

As for clam, again not my fault. Have got a *lot* of crazing already spreading over the wheelarch onto the top of the clam. I want it as good as new which, some of you will be aware, is how Gaz had kept it!!

It always annoys me that if you get a panel or clam repaired, it is not really as good as it was before the incident... ie its now by nature repaired. If someone damages your car and cracks a clam, why should we have to accept a repair, when before the incident the clam was perfect :clap:

I know that hallcraft etc do a wonderful job (had work done myself there), and the repair will not show and be structurly sound, but it will not be as new anymore.

I know its not really realistic to expect a new clam, but from someone else's incompetence damaging your car, is a repair good enough?

Moan over and good luck.

Well ... the purposes of a claim is to place a car in the same condition it was in prior to the accident.

In my view, a repaired claim is not the same condition - it is just that, a repaired claim.

However I stand to be corrected. I am probably going to pop over to CCCC in Brum tomorrow afternoon to let them have a look.

Bugger ... am *really* pee'd off about it :clap:

Academic now anyway

Back from CCCC. New clam required, so definately going through insurance now. Enough damage and small piece missing to warrant new clam.

Oh well.

Might as well pay a bit more to have the front resprayed then

Beware their respray costs. I had exactly the same thought after mine was in for rear end trauma late last year. They were talking about £600 to do the front at the same time, so I left it.

See if you can blag a geo though. If the collision was enough to have cracked the clam, could it have made solid contact with a rear wheel?

Archived