litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Wheel Balancing ?

halfpenny

Had some vibration through the steering wheel above 50-60ish. Got the front wheels balanced which has improved the problem but not cured it.

Seem to notice it more when the tyres are cold.

I'm booked into Nick Whales for new tyres (again !!!!) Thursday week, but with the Zandvoort trackday coming up this Friday and no time to get them rebalanced before then, I'm curious for another opinion as to if this is due to the wheels being incorrectly balanced ?

Ta.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm curious for another opinion as to if this is due to the wheels being incorrectly balanced ?

I lost a stick on weight on one of mine that caused a vibration. Had them rebalanced and they are fine now.

I presume you've checked all the tyre pressures ??

How is the wear on your fronts ? think mine will need replacing when i get my next set of rears (4th set)

Hey Chris.

Fronts aren't bad. I've done just over 10k and have 4mm left on the fronts.

Rear tyre wear is a bit steep though - wasn't expecting a rear tyre bill every 5-6k !!

Mattyp - I've had the car nearly 10 months and have clocked just over 10k miles, although I'm off to the Netherlands in a few hours so that will chuck another 1k on the clock !!

PPPMAT - I'm booked in at Nick Whales Thursday week for new rears (following the track day in NL !) and balancing all round - will let you know the results.

Steven

Archived