litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Sony Ps2 And Gt4

Daniel

Just saw this on Dixon's website for £125 incl postage. It's a bit vague as to what it comes with, and I know nothing about PS/2's.

I assume? it'll come with at least one controller. Do I need a memory card too do you think?

http://www.dixons.co.uk and it's on the first page, under Easter specials.

The deal is only on till today I think, so if someone could possible shed some light on it for me?

Thanks,

Dan

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the console package:

SONY PS TWO CONSOLE

SONY DUAL SHOCK PAD (controller)

No mention of memory card, that's an extra £20 from Dixons.

You may be able to pick up a cheaper one on Ebay.

Plus you get 2 games with it:

GRAN TURISMO 4

TONY HAWKS UNDERGROUND 2

And an XPLODER CHEATS DISC (Worth £25)

Have fun.

Steve

Thanks for that. I couldn't find the specs anywhere, maybe I'm going blind. Anyhow time to contemplate it now cos with the excess on my insurance it could make it an expensive month.

Why don't they just bring GT4 out for the PC?!?! Much easier, already got a forcefeedback wheel for that.

hi

own a ps2 myself ,some advice

get a memory card (unless u want to get really far and loose all your stuff every time you turn off)

controllers are essential (obviously you cant play without one)

is it a slimline ps2 or normal?

tony hawks good game (played and i own tony hawks pro skater 4)

gt4 great game (lotus esprits are on :tdown: i think the elise is as well)

sounds like a good deal (paid £150 for my silver ps2 :D )

hope it helps

I just took a PS2 back actually about an hour ago. I got it with GT4 from Choices Video shop for £120. Realised I couldn't really aford it this month so will have to buy another next month! :tdown:

I bought a memory card too but can't take it back because I had to rip the packaging open to get it out! I'll sell it to you for a tenner if you want? Still got the receipt, I only got it last night! Its 50% cheaper than in the shops :D

logitech driving force pro comes very highly recomended. like rocking horse sh1t though, not many about. £85 if you can find one, or £150 on ebay at mo.

As a sub get the logitech driving force from GT3, can be picked up for £30 on ebay. BUT they tell me the PRO is worth the extra money.

Im still waiting for mine, bit gutted iv e spent £85 on glotified joypad but ill get my cash back if i dont get on with it.

www.gameseek.co.uk may have some soon so get your order in

I love GT4 - its so good I bought a PS2 just to play it. I don't know quite how they squeeze such a great looking game out of the old PS2. I have a demo of Forza motorsport on xbox and it is nowhere near as good

so I researched and bought some bits:

New slimline PS2 and GT4 - £115 from Gamestation

Logitech driving force feedback wheel (the one made for GT3) - £50 from Comet

I played GT3 to death with this wheel - its very good. The best one though is the logitech driving force pro - it has 900 degree rotation but costs about £90.

IMHO the driving force wheel is good enough - you get what you pay for....

avoid madcatz etc..

As someone else said - GT4 without a wheel is just not the same experience. Also you just cannot set the same laptime with the controller (and all assists off) - I challenged my brother to this on Sunday for 4 hours and I couldn't get within 2 seconds of his time on Seattle street circuit with the controller.

Archived