litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Info

koopa

:blush: hey guys, my friend is looking to buy an s1 elise at around 8k , any advice on what to look for? there seems to be a lot of varying ccondition cars at this money any advice greatly appreciated

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well for 8k ur only really going to pick up a Cat D repaired car, not a straight one as they still really fetching around 10k all day long. My car is Cat D( which is only fibre glass damage), but i would still be looking around £8000-8500 mark still on a R plate. He might pick up a damaged 111s that needs work doing still for 8k.

To get a well maintained and high quality standard S1 you need to pay £11k to a maximum of £13k I would say. If it hasn't had EVERYTHING done to it service wise then you would look to pay £10k ish. £8k will buy you a total heap IMHO... :unsure:

I'd be v careful about buying at that end of the market. That sort of money represents the very bottom and the condition of the car will reflect this. Get him/her to save a few more grand and buy something well looked after and sensibly modified.

Archived