litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Side Scoops

koopa

hey guys, registered on ebay last night and started going crazy with bidding on parts! I got a lotus sport race knob (ooh er matron!) a set of carbon fibre side intakes and stone guards but missed out on the tinted headlamps. I thought £45 max bid would seal em but someone outbid me by one pound last minute!! Desirable things!

Thing is, these side scoops ive bought can be stuck to the side of the car with adhesive. They are real carbon fibre and are made specially for the s1 elise by zaris sports cars. What sort of adhesive should be used on these things as i dont want them flying off at 80mph or if i hit a big puddle :D

any ideas chaps/chapettes :D

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They can be stuck on using some sort of doubleside foam tape on a roll (see the PinkCore Scandal Green Project) and/or screwed on using self tappers.

What you go for depends upon whether you want holes in the bodywork if you take them off at a later date.

hmmmm, tbh if they look good enough id probably rather they were screwed on. I just dont trust em not to fly off :D

We dont get chavs in scotland, we have neds. They make a distinct noise like talking through their nose like this: Hawright muckurs, gonnae gies a pure swatch at yer loarse? Haw no, moan tae fuck!

:D

Speak to Gill at Sinclaires and ask for a tube of "Wurth Adhesive".Be warned this stuff sticks like the proverbial to a blanket,Sinclaires use it for bonding front splitters etc.The scoops will not fly off after using this stuff!!

HTH

Regards

Jon

Archived