litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Number Plate

MATT B

I have just fitted a small plate to the front of the exige,i know they claim small plates are illegal but if i got caught what are the consequences?.Can anybody tell me if i will recieve a find or even points. :)

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IIRC it's a £25 fine for no plate but can be upto £1000 + 3 points for a dodgy plate.

Most will just warn you and tell you to get it fixed, possibly with a producer to take the car to a MOT station to prove you've fixed it.

Theres a spec sheet on the DVLA website,my plate only has five digits and is down to the last mm so its very small,I got stopped last year on several occaisions had a producer on one and the cops have left me alone since,all I can remember is that it has to have an 11mm border but you'd be surprised how small you can get it down to.

HTH

Regards

Jon

Yeah but your likely to get more attention for no plate than a small one. I've got a mini plate on and I've never been looked at twice, but used to get some funny looks from coppers when I didn't have one...

ive had a dodgy plate for 2 years now with illegal spacing tho is not in a silly font and also got a 3/4 front. got stopped by the police and vehicle inspectorate over xmas and they couldnt care less. if they're bored they'll stop you..but on the front ?....ill be long gone :)

just put new plates on mine too.. have people removed the plinth when fitting a 3/4 size plate? [s1] or have i got an overly large plinth? :D

spike

Spikey, I have a use for your plinth on my TVR, looks like I could use an Elise No. plate mount at the same location as the Elise to give the Tivver a clear gob full of air to the rad.

Can I have a loan / purchase you plinth please ?

Bob (The member formerly known as Tango190)

Archived