litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Been Caught Speeding.

No 10

Just got back in my prized possession after 3 months of not driving because of a broken ankle and what happens I get caught speeding. Whilst changing lanes because I was lost in Nuneaton I get flashed by one of those cheeky little cameras.

So I’m expecting the usual £60 fine and 3 points. It’s the first time I’ve been caught in 11 years driving.

What I wanted to know was have any of you guys seen your premiums go up when you have got a 3 point endorsement. I am currently paying about £600 and am worried that for the next four years this will add to my insurance costs.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both my Dad (who drives like a granny!) and my brother have been caught speeding in Nuneaton, so your not the only one!

Don't think it makes to much diffrence nowadays - think how many poeple must have a least 3 points on their license! Don't think it made much to mine.

3 points makes little, if any, difference. The constabulary refer to this as an 'SP30' which seems to be relatively minor on the insurance front. I picked up 3 points and still managed to get my insurance cheaper this year than last year when I had zero points. They are really only looking for serious motoring convictions.

Yeah, 3 points does diddly squat to your premium, I got 3 last year and my premium went down.

What annoys me though is how the endorsement lasts for 3 years, yet insurance companies always want to know about endorsements in the last 5 years - why is that??? If an endorsement has expired then it's expired! Who cares about it anymore? :)

What annoys me though is how the endorsement lasts for 3 years, yet insurance companies always want to know about endorsements in the last 5 years - why is that???  If an endorsement has expired then it's expired!  Who cares about it anymore?  :)

It's so they can rip you of for 5 years rather than just 3!!

u should cover yourself and never get done by a fixed camera - invest in a road angel

laser guns are a different game cos theyre sneaky bastards

truth is ..you have a fast car..your going to drive fast..get caught 3 or 4 times and thats it ! i cant afford to get caught again :)

If you are interested in a radar detector, I can get a Road Angel 2 for £310... was offered as a purchase on here by Steve - he's since gone abroad so i'm running it for him.

But to answer your question - 3 points mean nothing, its the next 3 after that which hurt.

hard look mate got my first ticket in feb been driving 13 years what a bummer.

you will find different speeding fines carry different increases on your insurance

if you get an sp30 it should not make a difference

sp40 can make a difference

its when you get sp50 and sp60 thats when insurance companies tend to take notice.

its just an escuse for them to make a few bob.

is it not a fact people who drive like miss daisy are more likley to cause acidents than drivers going over 10 mph over the limit. :)

is it not a fact people who drive like miss daisy are more likley to cause acidents than drivers going over 10 mph over the limit. :drive:

IMO yes! If I speed it's always on open roads when I feel safe, never in built up area's.

All these so called 'Safe' drivers such as old poeple, yes I know I'm genaralising! How many times have you been cut up, not seen etc by an old person. Yes they drive slowly, but thats why they don't have such big accidents.

So far I've seen an old woman knock a young cyclist of his bike at a round-a-bout, she got out and was laughing! wtf! :)

Had an old man pull out from the right on me while I was on a round-a-bout. I hit my horn and my girlfriend said I shouldnt as he was only old! I explained that if i'd been on my bike and he'd have killed me she wouldnt have been so sympathetic, she went very quiet then.

Then the countless time old people have pulled out on me on my Bike.

Then there's the 'holyier then thou', sunday driver people, who tut at you when you overtake safely on a nice open country road, but delight in keeping que's of traffic behind them while driving at 50mph on main roads. Of course we know these same poeple will carry on at 50mph through the villages as they are to busy looking for boiled sweets to relise they are driving through a village and in fact to busy to realise they're driving a car!!

While we are on it... what the hell is with people who have to lean over all casual so there head is in the middle of the car...

Do they just have no idea where the car is on the road unless they sit in the middle or are they trying to be all F1....

And people in clapped out motors who always insit on pulling up at a junction in the fast lane.. and then cant even pull away before the entire left hand que has gone past them.. wtf didnt they just join the bloody que.. like a normal sane person would...

While we are on it... what the hell is with people who have to lean over all casual so there head is in the middle of the car...

Do they just have no idea where the car is on the road unless they sit in the middle or are they trying to be all F1....

And people in clapped out motors who always insit on pulling up at a junction in the fast lane.. and then cant even pull away before the entire left hand que has gone past them.. wtf didnt they just join the bloody que.. like a normal sane person would...

Agree! :D

And people who through lit fags out the car! Don't they have f*cking ashtrays!

Everyone to be retested age 60 and again every 5 years. Part of the test to cover "flexibility". These old & stiff people are simply unable to observe surrounding traffic properly because they can't turn to look over their shoulders. Coupled with failing eyesight (another part of the test), is it any wonder they lurch across roads oblivious.

Archived