litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Been Caught Speeding.

No 10

What about the crazees who spot a Lotus and try to pull out in front and then drive like a maniac into the distance, or the white vans who spot you and then charge up your arse! Or the hot hatches who insist on driving 1 " behind when in a huge queue of traffic, with no overtaking opportunities.

Or the nutters who once you look like you might try and overtake them suddenly become extremely agressive...

A middle aged lady (obviously omnipotent in her driving skills)

came round the corner outside my house, I always pull out slowly and carefully, looking both ways, as it is a blind corner (30 limit) by the time I had looked left to right and pulled forward she was screeching to a stop in front of me shaking her fists!! Like I was a dick.....

Not only was I shaken, but it really upset me, as I pull out of my drive everyday I should know how to damn well be safe, and like I want to get smashed in the side in my fibreglass car!

However obviously her extenuating circumstances were it was a Sunday and Church service had just finished..... how very christian of her...

Opps, this turned into a bit of a Ladders! I do feel better now though!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing to look out for are people who have a roof on their car and drive wearing a hat. No roof - you're allowed a hat. Roof plus hat means it's an old gimmer wearing a trilby who looks in the rear view mirror to see if he's wearing his glasses, or it's a chav in a maxxed Corsa wearing a beanie. Either way - beware!

hard look mate got my first ticket in feb been driving 13 years what a bummer.

you will find different speeding fines carry different increases on your insurance

if you get an sp30 it should not make a difference

sp40 can make a difference

its when you get sp50 and sp60 thats when insurance companies tend to take notice.

its just an escuse for them to make a few bob.

is it not a fact people who drive like miss daisy are more likley to cause acidents than drivers going over 10 mph over the limit. :)

My speeding ticket was an SP50 (speeding on motorway) and my insurers didn't take any notice...

Everyone to be retested age 60 and again every 5 years. Part of the test to cover "flexibility". These old & stiff people are simply unable to observe surrounding traffic properly because they can't turn to look over their shoulders. Coupled with failing eyesight (another part of the test), is it any wonder they lurch across roads oblivious.

Not too long to wait then eh Graeme ;)

Archived