litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lotus Abroad

RICHARD

I'm thinking of taking my Elise abroad for the first time this summer. Has anyone done it, or got any good ideas of where to go?

I also think I will need a luggage rack for the back as my girlfriend will be coming and she dosen't exactly travel light. Anyone know how much they are and will the Lotus Show at Donnington Park be a good place to get one?

Finally, I need some form of GB identification for the car (don't want the standard black on white sticker). Anyone know if Lotus do anything for this?

Thanks

Richard.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am considering this as well this summer.

So to give me some idea, we are going on the Le Mans trip in june ;)

We will be attempting to fit all the camping gear and a few days of clothes in the boot and behind the seats. I think there are plenty of others on here that have already done the touring thing.

Good luck

Greg :(

We did France,Germany Switzerland Italy for Stelvio and Monza down to Maranello(Liz gets more attention than any Rari),back along Italian coast via Tuscany, French south coast Monaco etc and back up to Calais.This was two years ago and I would do it again tomorrow,fantastic fun and the car never missed a beat,this year will be ferry to Santander down through Spain into Portugal,nice villa in the Algarve for a week and back up through Portugal for the ferry back home.

WARNING: Start training your other half now! She won't need half of the stuff she wants to take,then again you'd be amazed what you can fit into the Liz if your careful.Shoes were a problem area(why do women need to take so many pairs on a holiday) they take up alot of space and are difficult to pack.

Our last trip was a little over three weeks long and we never needed a boot rack,each to thier own I guess.I don't like packing things behind the seats because this is where the roof lives for the main part of the holiday.

Regarding the "GB" sticker,just get a Euro plate made(fancyplates.com)you can even have a Lotus logo on it if you want and get some good Euro breakdown cover,hopefully not needed but better safe than sorry.

HTH

Regards

Jon

Ps Most people in Europe have never seen an Elise,be prepared for alot of attention(Nice kind not like in the UK).People leaning out of car windows at 90mph to take a photo etc etc. Enjoy you'll love it ;)

Archived