litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

My Lap Of The 'ring (racelogic Video Vbox Hardware)

neilatter

A lap of the 'Ring recorded at the Lotus RSR Event last summer. Using a two-camera Racelogic Video VBox system. A few teething troubles (my first time out with this kit), so the digital speedo clips the '1' at anything over the ton, and I din't have the GPS splits setup or the mics positoned very well. Hence no laptime and too much wind roar. But apart from all that it still looks pretty good (I think).

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice video Neil. I really am holding out for a return to the Ring in 2011. Maybe next time I'll video it as well. Interesting kit as well with the overlay and rear view camera. A full 30 seconds quicker than me in my standard 120 brake lol :D

Great place!

:)

Nice video Neil. I really am holding out for a return to the Ring in 2011. Maybe next time I'll video it as well. Interesting kit as well with the overlay and rear view camera. A full 30 seconds quicker than me in my standard 120 brake lol :)

Great place!

:)

wow neil, thats looks amazing.

1stly that must be the best 1st post ever

2ndly, i said i'd never take my car on the ring dueto the nutters that seems to frequent it on bike and in bmw's, but it seems you almost had track to your self. very cool

richbk

It was a Lotus only event hosted by RSR Nurburg, one of the locally based Trackday organisers, so no mad bikers or 911's to keep scanning the mirrors for - as a complete 'Ring novice it was definately the best way to experience the track for my first visit. Not cheap though. They are organising a similar event for this September I think.

I think this would have been really beneficial. I did have a few Porsche nutters around, but just made sure I kept my mirrors in good use. Would like to have done the RSR day, especially being par of the big photoshoot of everyone parked up in the Carousel, but timing was not good for me.

Neeeeed to go back!!

Archived