litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

New Rear Tyres

paul t

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just booked mine in for 2 new rear A048's, at Nick Whale, by far the best price I was quoted, they offer a discount to SELOC members of which I am :clap:

Best price I was quoted from the 4 or 5 dealers I tried.

Yeah.....A048's only available from a Lotus dealer. I even wrote to Yokohama to ask them, who said that Lotus own the mould for the tyres.

Like Ian said, I also phoned 5 or 6 Lotus dealers, including the factory and NW was the best price I got.

Just by comparison, Peter Smith Sports Cars wanted £420 for 2 rear tyres fitted.......

Yeah.....A048's only available from a Lotus dealer. I even wrote to Yokohama to ask them, who said that Lotus own the mould for the tyres.

Like Ian said, I also phoned 5 or 6 Lotus dealers, including the factory and NW was the best price I got.

Just by comparison, Peter Smith Sports Cars wanted £420 for 2 rear tyres fitted.......

Speak to Jonny at BookaTrack/BuyaTyre.com. He sourced my A048s at a reasonable price. (but I was also buying the wheels, Nitrons & other bits at the same time)

Jonny buys his tyres from Nick Whale AFAIK, so you should always be able to get the same deal from NW :angry:

Paul, 48's ARE that good, they were designed specifically for the car. Toyo R888's are supposed to be good, but aren't in S2 sizes yet?

If you have 48 fronts, i'd highly recommend sticking with them as rears, i sure as hell wouldn't go mixing any tyre with a set of 48 fronts!!!

If you are after a more friendly tyre for all weather conditions, the A039 Yoko as fitted to the S1 Exige would probably be best, it is very soft so has lots of grip, but has more tread so more effective in heavy rain.

Archived