litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Hello All. Newbie Questions

SpoonZ

Here we go again !

Lotus Elise S1 111s

Norfolk Mustard Metallic (Spice Yellow)

Usual Model Spec to include VVC engine, Close-Ratio Gearbox, Different Alloys, Cross Drilled Brakes, Rear Spoiler, Better Seats, Carbon Dash, etc etc,

1999 T Reg

13500 Miles

2 Previous Owners

Full Lotus/Independent Service History

Oil Change every 4500k

Recent Cambelt Change

Recent Geo Set-up

New Steering Rack and Toe Links (pending soon)

Unused Hood

Hardtop

No Stone Chips

No Engine Modifications

Quicksilver Stainless Steel Sports Exhaust (<3000 miles)

De-Cat Pipe (CAT retained)

K&N Air Filter

S2 Sports Suspension (110/120)

New Goodrich G Force Profilers 225/185

Victory Sport 160 Alloy Wheels

Upgraded S2 Windscreen Wiper

Driving Lights

Uprated CAT 1 Cobra Factory Alarm

Tracker Monitor (£400)

6mths Tax

9ths MOT

Kenwood Dual Din Mask CD Player

111s Mats

Insured as Standard :-)

Obviously not a better example around :blush:

post-81-1107546203.jpg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jon, So when will we see you in Elise #4 ????

(Nice photo, BTW)

Fancy an MR2 in the meantime, just to tide you through with hood off and RWD ?

Chris

and Sonya (selling MR2)

Chris..not sure about Elise number 4 ! need something to go to le mans in so if i was to sell id have to act quick !

Spoonz..everything is for sale at a price ! :D but as you can see i've just managed to get it how i want it (bar having a corbeau re-trim..and ahem..a honda)

..It could be for sale but i could easily keep it if you know what i mean.

see how you get on looking at those other cars first :P

Chris..not sure about Elise number 4 ! need something to go to le mans in so if i was to sell id have to act quick !

We managed tent, 2 sleeping bags, clothes for 5 days, camping stove, etc and hood off all in the boot last year in an S1. And that was without loading up the passenger.

It's do-able.... just

And remember - there's no divider between the engine and "boot" in an Exige. You have to pack SAFELY !!!!!

Hi Spoonz

"Bollox" here (thanks Jon).

No, the std engine produces 118bhp. "135" is an upgrade although all are supposed to be 140+bhp in reality. VVC's 143 bhp but with induction & exhaust, 150+ possible.

That S135 sounds conspicuously good value, even at 40K. Wasn't aware of a "Factory" 160 upgrade unless it got the S160 engine in it before the S160 was released as a discrete model. With induction, exhaust (inc manifold) there's £1000 of extras that you won't have to buy but it just jack up the insurance a bit. The diffuser is a rare addition - has it been tracked a lot? See if you can speak to the last owner. No mention of suspension: At almost 6 years old, it should have come in for new springs & dampers by now, so may be a bit baggy. Or could have been returned to std if someone was downspeccing from Nitrons (off a tracked car).

So many unknowns. A clean S135 could be worth £500-1000 more than that, so go digging!

and its sat on a "sports and performance" type dealers forecourt at that price.

looks cheap even for private to me so i smell something already. ill go and have a look and see what i can find.

135 is definately a good choice. I was going to buy Graemes but he sneaked in there before me - kinda glad he did as the Sport 135 demanded a much higher insurance premium than mine and the standard car - and with all the mods - it would have killed me for cash.

Good luck in the search - there are loads and loads on the market - check pistonheads.com.

Spoonz

If you update your profile we'll know whereabouts you live etc. Perhaps someone nearby could check it out for you - or, being on a dealer forecourt, test drive it?

Another vote for the 111S here!

Like a lot of the guys have said, gotta drive 'em to find what you like.

Don't base any decision just on performance figures.

True, not much between standard and 111S to 60 but how often to we do standing starts to 60?

I'm not in the business of burning away from traffic lights!

The real difference for me is in the power delivery while driving.

The VVC is fantastic and the CR box mean you rairly find yourself in the wrong gear.

All the other extras mentioned just go to make the 111S a very special package and definitely worth the premium.

Failing that I think the 135 is nice but I don't really go for the silver. Sad I know but it's an important factor for a lot of people!

Dunc

135 is the best variant - IMHO aswell... i don't have an original one, but have pretty much made it myself now :angry:

There is pretty much a set of cams difference to the 160. AFAIK the only actual difference is the cams and a different ECU with map. Assume the 135 has the cast inlet plenum? If not, there's another difference. You can get a set of Piper BP270 cams fitted and timed for £700 though, gonna do better anyway.

If you want a 160, MattyB is selling his - check the classifieds on here. A little more than you want to spend, but a good car.

Archived