litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Ctek Battery Conditioner/charger

daz f

Wondering if anyone has one, and if they are any good. My battery is going flat after 1 week, I know I need a new battery butr thought this would be an investment for next winter. The one I'm thinking of buying is the "CTEK Multi XS 3600 Battery conditioner/charger"

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got an Optimate, which works really well. 3 methods of connecting:- permanent loom that adds a little connector somewhere more convenient that you plug into, (optional) cigarette lighter (if your cigarette lighter socket is live when the ignition is off) and normal crocadile clips (OK if you're not using your car too much).

I'm a great fan of Optimates, although other people say good things about the Airflow unit. Not heard of the CTEK one, so can't comment on that directly.

The optimate is the same standard as the CTEK unit, both of which are slightly better than the airflow unit, as this does not bulk charge from "nearly flat". They seem like a really useful piece of kit. My mind is made up, just wanted to hear someone singing their praises. Thanks

Archived