litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Vandals

Bramble111s

:cheers: just got back to my car, which was parked in a private church hall car park,

I was in the hall... to find my wiper arm bent out at 90 degrees, it seemed to bend back not to badly, but the end is now proud of the windscreen by an inch or so, although it works....

I am worried I will find loads of scratches in the daylight, currently the car is wet and its dark outside......

If its only the wiper arm I guess I am lucky, but it still makes me feel really worried now, also anger and violated. Crikey, having ones car stolen must be awful.

I go every week or so to this car park, but am now concerned about parking there as a vandal could really do some expensive damage with some imagination....

boo hoo ;)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it may be god punishing you for pushing too hard on country roads and endangering lives of pheasants ?

just a thought :cheers: *

* ;) sorry mate. gutted for you !

More like the little hooded Burberry b*st*rds on the role again.

What punishment be for them ?

Up the Tea Towel holder with a large log ???????????

Or

Sadly,

Welcome to ownership of a desired car the ...................................

Sure it wasn't one of the congregation getting own back on an evil car (i.e. not a Honda Civic).

Gutted for you. I assume you have the standard S1 wiper, so maybe an opportunity to fit the S2 one and be able to see.

Hard luck :cheers:

I just don't understand what they get out of this kind of abuse,I've had my car keyed in the past and someone threw a ciggie butt into the car a couple of summers ago(still lit) thank God for leather seats,even had a Police cone left on the roof one night(got them on my cctv though and had a little chat a couple of days later :))

I could possibly understand someone trying to steal the car,after all not many of your car stealing types are ever going to own an Elise and at least they can boast to thier mates about having a drive in a proper car.

But why go bending things like windscreen wipers...

"Oh Yea me and Mickey bent the wiper on an Elise the other day!"

Well thats a really worthwhile thing to boast about isn't it,must have really taken some guts to do that!

Bunch of Ar$eholes the lot of em.

I sympathise with you and hope that on your next visit they return,so as you can give out a little revenge ;)

This is just another example of things that make me want to leave the country that I used to love so much,sad but true.

Hope you catch up with them soon

Regards

Jon

ps.They're so thick they'll probably return to try and bend the other wiper :(

Hi all ;)

Its things like this that get me worried about were you park your Elise :blush:

I mean when I was young I never thought I would ever own a lotus, but that didn’t stop me looking at them in car parks and even looking in the window just to see what the inside of one looked like :( and I would never dream of vandalising someones car, but now a days if someone is looking in your car window it’s not to see the interior.

What’s wrong with people today :)

Don't get it myself either!

I'll never be able to afford a Ferrari, well not a decent one! :rolleyes: , but I'd never go and vandalise one.

Yeah, I sometimes get envious of people with nice cars, but i never feel the need to smash it up

Fortunatley I haven't found any serious scratches, there may be some very light ones where the zip on his coat rubbed as he leant over to bend the wiper, but they will probally polish out quite well.

What I dont understand is why they just did that, as they could have really caused some damage so easily, soft top etc.

I am considering finding a parking alternative or buying a junk runabout, but that kinda defeats the object of having a 'drive everyday' elise! I would rather stick with her....

Archived