litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Upgrades Advice Pls

Snapper

Taking delivery on my S2 Exige and was wondering if anyone has fitted the following boys toys upgrades:

Starter Button.... Had one in my old S2 111s but where I had it fitted I cant do it on the Exige.. So if anyone has had one fitted to an Exige or 111s, where have you had it fitted and which one did you get?

Change up Lights... Could never see the one on the rev counted on my old S2 111s... Had the Aces Systen (Change Up & Down) on the Caterham which was fantastic..... But might be a bit more difficult to fit to the Exige. (Harder to locate the control Box). Has anyone fitted some to an Exige or 111r? If so what make and where have you had the fitted to.

If you could post any pictures of the said items fitted would be most helpful..

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you find out about fitting a starter button, I'd be interested in that too, although I do have some instructions and wiring diagram for fitting on to an S1. Dunno if it's the same as an S2 though.

Cool !! ;)

Is it this one ??

Starter Button

Where would you locate it in the cockpit ?

Just FYI - I know that the Federal Elise has a starter button fitted as standard - check the picture below, it's the big silver button to the left of the picture.

Federal Elise

Federal Elise2

I quite fancy a started button in the exige to.

I've thought about the blanking plate just behind the gear lever. In the federal Elise its for the hazard lights. You can see the button on the first picture above.

Only problem is that the cable run might be a bit long ?? not sure if that is a problem.

Change up Lights... Could never see the one on the rev counted on my old S2 111s... Had the Aces Systen (Change Up & Down) on the Caterham which was fantastic..... But might be a bit more difficult to fit to the Exige. (Harder to locate the control Box). Has anyone fitted some to an Exige or 111r?  If so what make and where have you had the fitted to. 

If you could post any pictures of the said items fitted would be most helpful..

There is a thread on Exiges.com about fitting shift lights - you can use the Omex remote type system and put the control box behind the stack and use wires going to the stack for the power and trigger ( earth to the stack bracket )

Quite sure it will be same theory for the S2 ..

A friend of mine at DemonTweeks is going to have a look at one and measure it up prior to me ordering one.

Will keep you posted on that.

Ordered the Aces Change up lights today and will also keep you posted on them.

Halfpenny

As I said my mate Dave Kimberley at Demon Tweeks has measured up the Starter button and I have forwarded the details on to Nick Whale service Manager Ian.

His tec chaps have had a look at the the area between the two air vents in the center area of the dash just above the hazards and recon they can fit it there.

So tomorrow I will order the push button start and as soon as Nick Whales have fitted them I will email you some pictures.

Archived