litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

S2 Exige Advice Please

Snapper

Hi Folks

Thinking of possibly getting a used S2 Exige and was wondering if anyone here has one who had previously had a S2 111s so I can get some advice on the how people has found the new car in comparison.... ect...

If you can email me with a phone number and a time it would be convenient for a chat would be most helpful.

I am currently stuck between choosing a S2 Exige or a brand new Ginetta G4 Coupe.

Cheers Jamie

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jamie

There are, I think, 3 S2 Exige owners on MLOC:

Trev Foster

Elaine

Halfpenny

You could message them or wait for them to pop up on here.

Are you SURE you want a closed coupe? There are instances of 111r owners fitting Exige suspension, wheels & tyres (Max S springs to mind). Surely best of both worlds although not the cheapest way to go, as the 111r wheels don't fit K-series S2's (different offsets), so no cost recovery.

Hey Snapper !

What do you want to know ??

I had an Elise S2 sports tourer and then got my Exige. Had it about 4 months.

I have to say I don't miss the soft top (yet !!) as the weather has been pants. But dare say when the summer comes again (2-3 years I guess) I'll be after a soft top again.....maybe.......

I wanted the Exige because I'd already had an Elise, and because it is different. The extra power is great, although you have to keep the engine cooking all the time to bring it on cam at 6,200 rpm.

Problems - check this recent post here - the 4 S2 Exige owners (me (Red Exige), Chris (Yellow Exige), Trevor (Aubergine Exige) & Elaine (Green Exige) all submitted our issues.

http://www.midlandslotus.co.uk/forum/index...?showtopic=2992

If you want to give me a call and come for a drive, drop me a mail or a message here and I'll drop you my mobile number.

Steven

Halfpenny

Cheers

YHM..

Jamie

I should be at the notts pub meet (november 25 - 7.30) if you want to come and look at my Exige with the performance pack (if steven halfpenny comes aswell you can compare to his touring pack)

I should be at the notts pub meet (november 25 - 7.30) if you want to come and look at my Exige with the performance pack (if steven halfpenny comes aswell you can compare to his touring pack)

And if we make it, you can look at ours, with the Gold wheels but nothing else pack! :)

Snapper

Got your email and yes i had an Elise S2 before my Exige.

I have had my Exige for just over a month now and what with the shite wheather and being busy at work i have only clocked up 457 miles but even still i can tell you that the Exige S2 is a fantastic car.

when i first got my 120bhp Elise s2 i loved it but i always said that if this car is this good a 190bhp exige must be awesome , and it is.

For starters theres the looks ,it looks stunning but i dont like the odd black body bits so the dealer coded them for me and refinished my wheels in silver plus i had the defuser changed for a silver one.

Then theres the performance, its a lot quicker than my old elise, a lot.

The best thing about this car is the way it goes round corners on real roads ,its just amazing.

I have been out in it today just to try and run it in, just tootling with an odd slip of my foot by mistake.

no problems so far and no rattles like i had on my elise, i dont miss the soft top the Exiges looks and dynamics make up for that bit of rag.

yes i will also have fitted a SC fitted if it ever happens, stratton are still saying it will be available early next year and will give 250-260 bhp but if not 0-60 in 4.9 secs i can live with. :(

Archived