litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Garage Recommendation For Paintwork

Fiona

Doing a bit of paintwork on the Elise and have had a good quote from Hallcraft and a pretty poor one from Nick Whale.

I know some of you have used a garage in Leicester - what's it called? Would rather have somewhere a bit closer to home.

Cheers,

Fiona

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harlequin. You can get the number through Storm

Doing a bit of paintwork on the Elise and have had a good quote from Hallcraft and a pretty poor one from Nick Whale.

I know some of you have used a garage in Leicester - what's it called?  Would rather have somewhere a bit closer to home.

Cheers,

Fiona

Hi Fiona, not sure if this is any help but I notice you are from Nottingham so I can recommend a place in Derby called Wilkinson's. I took my Elise there for a wheel arch repair and they did a really good job. They have worked on other Elise's too but they do alot of restoration work on old ferrari's and other classics. The number is: 01332 344124 if you are interested.

If you ask Ladders, he won't give a very good report on Harlequin.

I've used Clive Tallis in Hinckley, 01455 890500. Nutts Lane, Hinckley, LE10 3EJ. MBO from Volvo main dealer a few years back. They do a fair bit of clasic car & motorsport stuff (Mallory Park wreckage etc) so know what they're doing with GRP. And if you're paying for it yourself, they're pretty cheap. Did some good front end work for me last year.

post-5-1099917495.jpg

If you ask Ladders, he won't give a very good report on Harlequin.

Yeah, Fiona, wasnt very impressed at all with them :clap:

Think as it wa an insurance job they didnt really give a sh*t about service or quality of work - although the paint job wasnt bad. Wouldnt use them again though if i was paying with my own money.

If Stokes not too far theres a fantastic place here I have used - only a little back alley setup but very cheap and do a great job. They did a full front end respray on my titanium s1 including repairing some cracks and it was only £200. Highly recommended! The number was 01782 311286

Paul

Naaa, I like the white stripes and they protect the front from stone chips (in the areas covered, bugger).

Was asked at the Dyno day whether I'd be putting white stripes up the console when it's painted. :unsure:

Archived