litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Oil Spill

graeme_laslett

Hi all,

Just moved in to my new house, with a lovely clean and tidy double garage just for the elise - how excited was I?

Well the excitement didn't last long as I have now found that one of the removal men managed to put a box full of engine oil in the garage upside down and I now have about 5 litres of oil all over the concrete floor.

Anyone got any top tips on how to clean this up? I was planning on painting the floor at some point, but need to get the oil cleaned first!!!! Grrrrrr

Thanks in advance

G

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We use some special oil and petrol absorbant at the karting track, but i cant remember what its called. However, it might not be worth it for you as you need it just the once, and you need to put the absorbant down as soon as you spill it really before it dries up and/or seeps into all the holes and cracks.

Maybe try some sand if you have any?

Oh...I've got some cement so will give it a go.... Thanks

G

Graham, I "think" it is... (hence I posed my initial reply as a question). Just wait for someone else to confirm it though - I'd hate for you to act on my reply only for me to be wrong, and leave you in an even worse mess...!

Archived