litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Standard S2 Seats

Paul_C

Hello all,

quick question, as my S1's seats are about knackered, are standard S2 seats much better or am I better off with S2 (or S1?) 111S seats? I don't really want to spend a fortune...

Cheers

Paul

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IIRC you can have your seat retrimmed at Lotus and then you can spec different coverings and padding making them similar to the seats you mentioned.

is that not £350 odd a seat though mate?

There are some in SELOC classifieds I am tempted by, that's all, and just wondered if they were a lot better than mine

TBH I don't know the retrim prices from Lotus.

From my experience of seats, S1 leather, S2 111S and Exige Race Seats, I would say they follow that order of how I prefer them.

I agree, but anything must be better than my very worn standard S1 seats. There was a set of Probax's on PH Classifieds but they were £650 and I don't really want to spend that much or I'd get the Exige style Corbeau's. Plus, they're sold now anyway..

I agree, but anything must be better than my very worn standard S1 seats. There was a set of Probax's on PH Classifieds but they were £650 and I don't really want to spend that much or I'd get the Exige style Corbeau's. Plus, they're sold now anyway..

Worth taking a look on SELOC classifieds, a pair of S1 cream leathers are on there at the mo - not sure on price but must be worth a look.

Good Luck!

Worth taking a look on SELOC classifieds, a pair of S1 cream leathers are on there at the mo - not sure on price but must be worth a look.

Good Luck!

I've seen them but I want a bit more padding than standard S1 seats.

I sent mine back to Lotus and had extra padding added for no extra cost. Mel Broome and Lotus is a top guy, i'm well impressed with my seats.

Did you have them both done mate? And did you have them in the same colour/material as they were originally?

Sorry to be cheeky but can you give me an idea of a rough price? Do they take all the covering off and start with the bare seat shell?

Cheers

Paul

Hello all,

quick question, as my S1's seats are about knackered, are standard S2 seats much better or am I better off with S2 (or S1?) 111S seats? I don't really want to spend a fortune...

Cheers

Paul

Paul,

All Lotus seats are crap (imho), even the Probax ones. The only ones worth having are fitted to the Evora and they are..................wait for it........................Recaros!!

I've modified my Probax seats to introduce proper lumbar support and modelled the shape on.............guess what...............Recaros, as fitted to my Clio 197. Lovely! :)

Paul,

All Lotus seats are crap (imho), even the Probax ones. The only ones worth having are fitted to the Evora and they are..................wait for it........................Recaros!!

I've modified my Probax seats to introduce proper lumbar support and modelled the shape on.............guess what...............Recaros, as fitted to my Clio 197. Lovely! :)

Sounds good, any pics?

Archived