litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Discounted Road Angel ?

halfpenny

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah - there is a Costco in Derby that I belong too. I called them and they mentioned the S4 NEO @ £234.

Might pop down there and have a peep.

I just noticed actually that the offer on Autotrader is for the older style Road Angel and not the "new" slinky silver thing.....dunno what the difference is.....

I think the new RA has the laser detector built in as opposed to the old one that it was an attachment. Is much neater imo and I want one!!!

Basically the price seems to be fixed (err.... I mean "co-incidentally identical in all retail outlets") at £399.99 iirc. Halfords do a staff discount but unfortunately i dont know anyone that works at Halfords.

HTH

Steve :drive:

Just testing the demand for a possible discount on the NEW road angel with built in laser detector.

The price of £335 is including postage, VAT and the first 6 months subscrpition. Usual price at the main places is £399.99.

How many of you would be interested at this price? Possibly cheaper if i can sort it out.

Steve :)

heres the comparisons - http://www.originblueidirect.co.uk/compare...etectors-uk.htm

I want something that has integrated laser detection & GPS, with an option to link to a laser diffuser. Apart from the diffuser, would like to be able to tranfer the head between 2 cars. Seems to be a choice between RA2 & Origin b2.

Opinions?

Steve

Just seen your post - answers some of my questions.

The Origin b2 has an optional radar detector - does anyone know if this is available yet?

What views are there on usefulness of radar (as distinct from laser) detectors nowadays? Are they used anywhere other than in fixed cameras (which would be covered by GPS) any more?

Graeme

Radar detector not available for B2 so far as I am aware. As all police forces are phasing out radar in preference for laser guns I think it unlikely that there will ever be one.

B2 is difficult to swap from car to car easily as there are loads of wires everywhere.

The road angel does look easier to swap (one connection to cigarette lighter) and doesn't have wires trailing over the dash.

If I have to spend again (or Fiona as it was a pressie from her) I would go for the Road Angel.

Hope this helps.

Couple of places I spoke to reckon that the Snooper S4 NEO is on equal par to the new Road Angel2.......

I think the RA2 looks nicer, but then if Costco can do the S4NEO at £234....

Archived