litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

S1 Victory Rims - £200

Scott_Mac

WillB on SELOC has managed to sort out a mega group buy... we need to buy 100 sets between us (well on the way) and we get them for £200 a set of four - no stickers, but they are available for £8...

So anyone want new rims, or spare ones, sign up:

http://forums.seloc.org/viewthread.php?tid=33205

Sorry, you'll have to click as you have to register your interest, bargain though!!!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does seem to be exccl VAT and Delivery - however there are a lot of developments going on for it... if you are interested, add yourself to the thread, delivery looks like being very reasonable, and seen as it is all being done for personal use, we may be able to avoid the VAT as its all staying within Europe... so not sure.

Either way i think they are going to come in under £300 all in, so still a bargain.

They don't include the Lotus wheel centres either and I don't think they're the same as from the standard wheels. Can't see Lotus supplying a load (they'll know why they're needed) without wheels to go with them - represents a major loss of margin for them. In fact, it's questionable if you would be allowed under counterfeiting rules to fabricate a trademark (which those wheel centres would be) without their permission?

Or am I talking bollox?

Graeme

I've put my name down cos I've fancied a set of these before.

BUT I've got a few questions;

Most important - will these fit a totally standard S1, given I'll have to upgrade my tyres to the wider 195/225 option?

Someone has suggested these aren't the same size as the S160 ones? Will this cause any probs?

What colour is best on a silver elise? :)

Steve

They will fit a std S1 yes... it is adviseable to change to the wider tyres... you can use 185/55 fronts though as that is what the S160 came with... so at worst would only have to change the rears (i am getting them for track tyres anyway)

They are the same as the S160 ones, but not the same as the lighter 340R ones... they will not have the Lotus centre badges or Lotus printed on them. Both of these aesthetics can be purchased afterwards, so not really a problem.

IMO best on a silver (New Alu?) Elise is the Anthracite... but Black also look good.

Lotus sell the wheel centres seperately, so anyone would be able to buy them.  They aren't the same as standard though...

ROTFLMFAO :)

You've obviously never tried to buy some! A couple of years ago they were like rocking horse shit.

Geary has them on his site, £60 a set!!!!!

Nice one Scott - good news.

I've put myself down for a silver or anthracite set, so just wait and see what comes up most popular I guess.

BTW - I tried to find out what my Co uses to block websites but they were a bit cagey when I started asking questions - probably knew what I was thinking! So I'll have to make do with logging on in my own time, but thanks for the offer to sort it out.

Archived