litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

God Damn It!

Dixie

Would you belive it!

Driving trough Derby today trying to find a McDs. Nice and steady, some dude makes a right turn right in front of me!!! Slamed on the breaks pretty quick and managed to shave most of the speed before the impact. Bosh, my car bounces off the front corner of his lardy Astra Estate.

fortunatly no major damage, broked headlight cover and a small chip in the gel coat. Shouldn't be to much of a pain to get fixed (£300 ish) (to be fair the nose needed painting due to stone chips and i want some tinted laight covers anyway!!)

Still a pain in the ass.

The lad who hit me is an apprentice priest type thing so hopfully he'll follow gods ways and admit liability. Fat chance though! Stupid me forgot to ask the guy behind me to be a witness!! Doh.

Whats with these cars at the mo, they all seem to attract accidents!!!

On a plus note my new hard top looks great and so far no leaks!!!!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should have stayed in and starved!!! Had Chips and curry instead! Comfort food!! :fart:

Raised a claim with tesco, they seem to think that I'm totally in the clear. Let the other guy know and surprise surprise he seems a bit more willing to admit to it now and offered to pay but at his mates garage!!! I think not!

Any good body shops in the derby area? Somewhere that'll give me another elise when mines in??? Could travel a bit further if need be!

Place next to Horizon is very good - did Simon111s's car, or CCCC in Brum that is doing Graeme Kidd's at the moment.

There are companies that can get you a like for like car whilst yours is being repaired though... shall try and dig up a number

Sorry to hear about that - at least there were no injuries.

Mixed feelings on here about Peter Smiths - they did my 2 clams and drivers door and it was first class (four years ago). I can't tell the paint difference between the new and old panels. Panel gaps are perfect.

They're expensive, but if the other guy's paying, who cares ?

There was a thread a few weeks ago that mentioned a company that will sort you out a like for like courtesy car if the claim is on the other driver. I'm sure someone else will pipe up with it if they can remember. I can't, sorry.

Chris

Only the front clam i'm affraid! :( A black front end AND roof would just look palin daft!!

Peter Smiths. They're the one just outside derby towards ashborne?? I might see if i can get a quote today.

Cheers all!

Archived