Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Recommend A Tyre Dealer

MarkH

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Mark

When I had my Elise, I went to Formula 1 on the Ashbourne Road in Derby (next to Blockbuster video). Not only did they know how to jack the car up and care for it properly, I got 2 rear bridgestones for £105 each !

Steven

Anyone recommend a tyre dealer who knows how to jack up & look after an Elise? Heard a few horror stories about the dummies!

Derby area.

Cheers

MarkH

Probably a bit far, but a lot of folk use Horizon Motorsport in Cradley Heath... good deals on Toyo's too.

Am sure some of the Derby contingent can help better though :pile:

Inner Ring, nr Meteor Centre. They do the BMW contract work for the next door dealership. Always helpful and excellent prices.

Wouldn't touch Formula 1. Had an exhaust off them that broke when only about a week old, in France. Obviously had to get a local emergency repair done. Had to threaten them with Small Claims Court to get refund or costs and replacement. Apparently, we'd driven the car too hard !!!

Fair enough. Everyone's had a bad experience with some garage or other. I'm sure someone doesn't like Inner Ring tyres either.

None of the garages really care - they just get used to the odd bad posting and accept it as part of the business they're in.

I usually give anywhere a second go at least, but not after their attitude to the exhaust incident.

Still, it's good that they know how to jack up an Elise. I tried National Tyres once (Chadd branch) and they "refused to take the risk" of damaging the sill even when I pointed out the blue trolley jack label under the car ! That didn't inspire confidence...

Chris

I've used Inner Ring as well, several times now, but haven't taken the Elise there yet.

They have always been very helpful and prices are pretty reasonable.

My wife's A Class had a puncture recently, and the spare steel wheel wouldn't bolt up properly with the alloy bolts (they are too long for the much thinner steel wheels). So I left the car on a jack at home, and took the wheel down to Inner Ring. I mentioned I needed a set of shorter wheel bolts and after a bit of rummaging in the back, the chap on the desk handed me a set....free of charge!

Can't say better than that really. If in doubt about jacking, I would probably take the wheels off at home and take them in the spare car (if one available, of course).

Selecta Tyres on Derby Road, Loughborough worked for me.

Its a bit out but they knew what they were doing, used blocks to get it on the ramps carefully, filled them with Nitrogen and charged me a pittance.

Toyo Dealer as well :unsure:

Archived