litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Coolant Level Increasing

BigTed234

Bob, here we go. First pic is of the inlet manifold with the plenum removed ( and on my bench )

P1010036-2.jpg

Second pic is of the water pipe connection

P1010037-2.jpg

Now a couple of pics of the gasket after i removed the manifold

The first one is the reverse of the water pipe connection. You can just see the jiggle valve in the casting.

P1010038-2.jpg

P1010039-2.jpg

The manifold is held on by a couple of studs and nuts at the top and about 6 or 7 set pins underneath.

The nuts are 13mm heads and the pins 10mm heads.To remove them i used a 3/8 drive socket set with a couple of extension bars. You will also need a knuckle joint to aid access.

Ive no idea what the blue residue is on the gasket.

I also cant see any o ring. Im either loosing the plot or imagining things in my old age. I will have a search later for the thread that mention it.

A final though. The fuel rail also holds a fair bit of fuel even when you have drained the system as i did. If you are not careful it will go all over you slippers :) Im in for a bollocking no doubt.

Bob, here you go. 5th post down on this thread by DVA. No idea what he is on about. Something else i will have to ask him. Im glad ive not lost the plot yet :)

http://forums.seloc.org/viewthread.php?tid...ge=1#pid3509109

Edit, having had another think DVA is probably on about the o ring on the sensor on the manifold. Its the oxygen sensor i presume. I thought there would be a o ring on the inside of the water pipe conection between the head and manifold. My mistake HTH.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wanna come take a nosey at mine Martin, beer , Curry stop over lol

I am so lost on it now, the symptoms still seem electrical misfire and laptop tells me misfire

sure this cam up a long time ago about muliple misfire on K series

I know a leak is ther on coolant, but only from cold - seems odd

PM for Dinner - lol

About time we saw you anyway ...

A final thought. The fuel rail also holds a fair bit of fuel even when you have drained the system as i did. If you are not careful it will go all over you slippers :( Im in for a bollocking no doubt.

p1606h.jpg

Wanna come take a nosey at mine Martin, beer , Curry stop over lol

I am so lost on it now, the symptoms still seem electrical misfire and laptop tells me misfire

sure this cam up a long time ago about muliple misfire on K series

I know a leak is ther on coolant, but only from cold - seems odd

PM for Dinner - lol

About time we saw you anyway ...

Sorry Bob , ive only just spotted this. I will PM you later. Kim you are so right :)

Hey guess what Martin - since we looked at this at the weekend ...

Still loosing coolant, but ....

Filled up with fuel to the brim - added an injector cleaner ....

Now for 2 days it's started fine ???

Still has slight misfire that even the best mechanic would not spot ....

Power is still slightly less than expected ...

Am CONVINCED that that the little pipe on the inlet manifold is pissing into cylinder 1 as your gasket explained.

Gonna have to rip that lot off and change it, is really bugging me now.

Where can I source the inlet manifold gasket ??

Archived