litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

B*****d Kidney Stone Things

Scott_Mac

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My sympathies. I've had kidney stones twice now over the last 20 years and they are not nice.

The last time was so bad I had an ambulance take me to hospital and was given morphine to stop me screaming like a girl :blink:

If you are prone to stones then you should drink a lot of water, as this flushes the minerals out before they get a chance to crystalise.

Am now on Dihydrocodeine.... not quite as good, probably Cloud 8, but working fine ;)

I tend to get them annually now Steve.... have been into hospital twice with them - once to Nottingham City ;)

Its not nice, they have suggested operations, then cancelled them... taking the poiss really :D I do drink, loads... 8 pints a day most of the time, but (for those that are interested) it is a problem with the tube that exits the kidney to the bladder, it has a bottleneck in it so rather than acting like a funnel pipe, it fills up, back logs and then empties... hence the operation suggestion.

Cheers though folks... am trying to work on the route finalising Graeme, hopefully get it to you later, may be tomo am though if thats ok?

Archived