litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Is This A Really Good Price

ipanter

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well 17 % of £13500 which i bet ud you,d get car for, works out at £2295, then ur flight like been mentioned, ferry, registration fee etc etc, so works out nearly same as what u pay on mainland i,m guessing?

Doesn't look too out of order though - low miles, looks in good nick, but hassle factor of sorting out all the details could be a pain and I suspect it will count as an import so not great for resale maybe...

If it's stayed in the Channel Isles, the speed limit there is 40mph iirc and not many places to exceed it, so won't have been thrashed.

Trouble is, you could spend a fortune just going to look at it - you'd still be out £100+ even if you don't buy it. Double your travel costs: once to view, once to collect.

The seller's got to realise he would do a lot better selling it on the mainland - will he bring it over for viewing? At £17K incl VAT & travel expenses, it's not that cheap, in spite of the mileage. And what year is it? I thought S2's were all 2001 or later?

Graeme

Archived