litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Sat Nav

a7esk

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I borrowed a Median one that they sell in Halfords for £350ish when I drove to Le Mans.

Was really impressed that france was on it's map as well as GB. Was pretty clear to follow, although it did lose us a couple of times, but I think that was just cos I wasnt used to it?

Even shows you where petrol stations etc are!

Eddie - I have a blue tooth one linked to my PDA which works well, re-routes when I need to divert etc, but also means only carrying round one thing with my diary, e-mails etc as well. Plus into the lighter socket and can be moved in seconds between my cars. Suggest going to somewhere like PC world and look at the alternatives, and then buying off the internet from somewhere like this...

GPS clicky

Sat nav is for girls ! If you know the general directions to the place then go in that direction and then follow the signposts then ask someone !

Going with the strict weight saving regime of the elise I never even took a map

! Used to get thereabouts then ring my mate to guide me in !

I have TomTom3 on an Ipaq 1940 with bluetooth GPS. It is fantastic as you can input postcodes which is a nice touch. There is also an addin which enables it to collect traffic information through GPRS. It will let you know the length of delay.

Very handy bit of kit

jonh

Archived