litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Fao S2 Susp Converts!

Ladders

Guys, Gals, what ride height's are you using?

I'm after S2 susp and am not sure what height to go for?

Steve Butt's running 100/110 with the extended diffuser like me, and says he has no probs

Scotts running 110/120 and grounds occasionally

Graeme is running 110/120 (if I remember correctly) and catches mudflaps occasionally like Scott

Black Swan, what were you running? as it sat nicely when I saw your car on Sun!

Cheers

Dave

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm running 130/140 pretty much std ride height for early s1's untill they changed it to 160 all round, i chose not to lower because i have to pull on to a few steep driveways and i was already catching at std 140/140 and didnt want to have to listen to my car scraping up the drives at a lower height. but if i did not have to deal with these obsticles i'd have probably gone for 110/120 or something around there.

' 110/120 and grounds occasionally '

Urm... how occasionaly? It regularly grounds on runs B)

Car feels really really good, but heart is in your mouth as to whether it's going to make that really disturbing 'I shouldn't be this close to the tarmac' noise when going over the bumps on the road that at std ride height you wouldn't notice.... (well, from what I can remember)

I cringe for the car when it makes that noise ;) Not as bad as the drawn out noise of the undertray scraping over speed bumps though...

You get used to the noise of the mudflaps touching the ground. It's not so bad, especially when you inspect the flaps and realise that no real damage is being done.

Dave, it occurred to me after our chat on Sunday that if you have some test spots e.g. your drive or a particularly ferocious looking speed bump near you, I could take mine over them and you can judge if 110/120 is too low for you or not.

Graeme

Emma, I think Sunday's route was exceptional for bumps really, as we were grounding out a few times even with my "4x4" suspension! Usually I rarely ground out.

Graeme, cheers for the offer!, There's not really any major speed bumps that I go over and my drive is not to bad. If most people can run 110/120 I should be ok.

Although Steve Butts says he runs 100/110 with the same diffuser as me, but that seems just a bit to low?

' 110/120 and grounds occasionally '

Urm... how occasionaly? It regularly grounds on runs :(

Car feels really really good, but heart is in your mouth as to whether it's going to make that really disturbing 'I shouldn't be this close to the tarmac' noise when going over the bumps on the road that at std ride height you wouldn't notice.... (well, from what I can remember)

I cringe for the car when it makes that noise :( Not as bad as the drawn out noise of the undertray scraping over speed bumps though...

It'll be all that extra weight in the pax seat ;)

It does get a bit scary Ladders... since i've had the LSS fitted, i have grounded it on every run and the mudflaps scrape regularly (i may cut them down)

It is a lot better, the improved dampers mean you can carry more speed and confidence through the corners, and tbh the lowered ride height probably makes about 5% difference to the overall ability of the car, if we are honest it is a bit more about show than go.

I think the ride height on mine looks a lot better and it doesn't cause "too many" issues, but if you have a steep drive then re-consider... speed bumps tend to be ok, the extreme stupid ones do make horrible scraping noises though :(

Moral of this, me and Graeme have 110/120.. so it must be best :)

no problems with 100/110 on mine. i scrape the mudflap on my drive which has a small kerb on it. Oh and if anyone local to bromsgrove knows the road from the oakalls towards finstall and tardebigge. it grounds the number plate over the bumps in the road there, but that is pretty extreme anyway.

It grounds less with the Exige springs on than it did before.

Johnny M

i have 110/120 on mine, i have only ever caught the nose on one speed hump, and that was because i hadn't finished braking before i hit it, normally no problems for me. I have never grounded the car, i.e caught the undertray on anything, but then i am usually very careful whenever i see a potential problem.

The only regular problem i have is when going in and out of the garage, i catch the mudflap when going in and can only just get my hand inbetween the bottom af the car and the driveway. When i take the car out the nose catches the floor, as would the No. plate if i had one! To stop the nose catching i aquired a strip of carpet that i unroll on the drive before moving the car. (i wanted red carpet!)

Archived