litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Fao S2 Susp Converts!

Ladders

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He didn't have it for BoB... i think me flying past him made him upgrade :)

He found it fairly spinny at Bedford on Monday though ;)

I had my LSS at Brunty and it made a massive difference i have to say... very happy with it!

How did you find the S2 susp on Track Graham?  You had it for BoB didnt you?

Nope didn't have it for BoB. I had it ready for Rockingham last week and it was great. Then at Bedford on Monday is felt so much better than back in May (although it was my 1st trackday). I had the same instructor at Bedford on Monday and he remembered me and the car. He thought it was handling alot better - unless he just said that anyway???

Scott, spining is good ;) Apparantly you know you are trying hard enough :D

Just trying to decide whether to do Mallory in November :)

:)

Real men have 110/120

That's all very well but what have you got then? ;)

Graham - I know little about track days it has to be said but Mallory looked a good track to drive and if it's a seloc only day, probably a good move...

MarkA posted a vid clip of him on track at Mallory... it looked ok, but there isn't a huge amount of run off, and the hairpin looks like it could be amusing.

I don't imagine it would be a major problem, but I personally think that an airfiled day is a better start and/or maybe a large open circuit like Donnington.

I'd say Donington is far more challenging than Mallory! The hairpin at Mallory is no problem - approach is uphill and unless you completely forget to brake, all that will happen is you go a little wide either on entry or on exit. Some great sideways moments though as you exit with either oversteer or understeer and all at slow, safe speeds.

The make or break place at Mallory is Gerrards - a L O N G double apex right-hander. You have to go in deep and stay wide - as you turn in, you won't be able to see your clipping point at the apex, so plenty of slow & gentle experimentation until you feel you've learned it. It was particularly interesting last year as it started damp then drying, so speeds were changing throughout the session. Learning Gerrards wasn't helped by the fact that while the track was damp and drying, the first dry line to emerge was in fact the WRONG line! Timid drivers were turning in too early, missing the apex and as they tried to power out, were running out of road and heading for the grass.

Well worth doing!

Graeme

This thread has been hijacked: Ladders have you decided yet? 110/120 or higher?

There was a couple who tried powering out just as the dry line was emerging, clipping the wet bit and doing some SERIOUS damage!!!

I was being really careful at that point!!! When it dried, it was great though... and it was my first track day - i would recommend it (but then dont have much experience of others)

Steve :blink:

Archived