litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

**help** - Parts Required!

janemadasafish

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
or ask euro parts to supply u with a rover 25/75 alterantor, i bet it is exactly the same part as lotus use.

Probably not worth the risk on that unless you can be sure. Partco would be a safer bet and get the correct part instead.

Probably not worth the risk on that unless you can be sure. Partco would be a safer bet and get the correct part instead.

get part number from the alternator, when i rebuilt my cylinder head after HGF i used rover to buy my parts, ie cam belt, water pump, rocker cover gasket. u,ll be suprised that all th parts are made for rover, sent to lotus who put on there charge.

the 1.8 k series was used in 25/75 and host of other rovers. just take ur old parts to rover and match them at lower price

get part number from the alternator, when i rebuilt my cylinder head after HGF i used rover to buy my parts, ie cam belt, water pump, rocker cover gasket. u,ll be suprised that all th parts are made for rover, sent to lotus who put on there charge.

the 1.8 k series was used in 25/75 and host of other rovers. just take ur old parts to rover and match them at lower price

Thats fine, like I said as long as your sure, if you know the part number and they match it then fine :( not worth the risk for a burnt out car if you dont have that info.

Ball Joints are a common part - try Partco or similar, Horizon repalced mine at service, and they got them from there.

Alternator is only about £50 - £60 IIRC

Thanks Scott - found Partco on internet but can't find Horizon - are they are garage or parts supplier. what does IIRC mean? !! :(

To everybody else who has responded, thanks very much, you've given my credit card hope! :clap:

Archived