litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

111r Insurance

Snapper

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just dug out this thread since my renewal is due and Eggar Lawson are over £500 cheaper for me than sticking with Direct Line, and aren't concerned about my mods either. Top banana! :D

You get 4 track days included in the quote... after that it is £50 + £5 per £1000 extra value of your car over a specified amount.

It seems to vary per car.

For my car, they quoted £60 per day, some were quoted £120... best check. But the 4 included ones are probably sufficient for me tbh.

Kind of makes me a bit ratty when it's the same company I've been with for four years who send me a nice letter saying thanks ever so much and here's your new premium and then basically take a large dump in the letter in terms of premium. Woohoo, 40% discount, and then 30% back on for mods with no track days. At least I feel happy that the total amount I have paid them is probably less than the value of my claim which went through last year. Had I realised that they were going to have a laugh at the time though I think I'd have snapped a couple of extra bits off just for the hell of it. Had to stick with them this last year since my claim was going through as the renewal was due and I didn't want to take any chances.

Ridiculous thing is that I've now managed to get the elise down to less than the focus. Hmmmnnn. That makes sense then!

Autotorque and Egger Lawson ;)

DL :)

I'm with Autotorque, took me about 4 months to actually get my insurance certificate through mind, after about 4 cover notes (which I had to remind them to send each time) and much complaining I got it in the end. They were blaming it on the underwriter not sending it out, I dont care whos fault it was they should have chased it harder :gay:

Archived